Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

repeats

• 23-12-2004 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to repeat an exam in the Autumn if you didn't get the result you wanted or is it just possible to repeat if ya failed?

Also do they charge ya for the repeat exam?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Yes they charge you for the repeats, in and around €100/€200.

I know a guy who's in Mathematical Science. They need 50% average to get from 2nd to 3rd year, he passed some and could have gotten into 3rd year single honours mathematical physics, but not 3rd year maths science. He repeated and is now in 3rd maths science. So you can kinda repeat. It depends on a lot of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

that sucks, that you gotta pay for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Syth wrote:
    Yes they charge you for the repeats, in and around €100/€200.
    €180 last year.
    It really depends on how badly you did, and if you needed to get a certain mark to qualify for the next year of your course. And how badly you want to spend your summer studying.
    *shudders at thoughts of last summer's repeats, though I had no choice what with failing spectacularly in the summer*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

180! wow... easier just to get it right the 1st time methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yeah, but sometimes you can try your hardest and still fail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Only decent excuse for failing is trying to balance work and college...not that i've ever failed....at anything....ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Sangre wrote:
    Only decent excuse for failing is trying to balance work and college...not that i've ever failed....at anything....ever.

Aren't you great! Me I've failed last year and the year before - of course I actually do a fairly challenging course :) Ah I'm only messing, I'm sure law is very tough and all.

No, not at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

[whisper]I was being sarcastic :rolleyes: [/whisper]

So was I.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

I wasn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Carlsberg

Pfff, 200e...well worth possibly repeating to be able to relax for the year and practice the ole pulling powers!

Advertisement