Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania a Pay-Per-View

• 23-12-2004 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Does everyone here realise that this year we are going to have to PAY to watch Wrestlemania?It was bad enough when the Rumble became a Pay-Per-View but now Wrestlemania has as well!

Is anyone else seriously pissed off at this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

****in hell thats crappy we cant get pay per views cuz or cable operators say there not enough demand for em to order wrestling pay per views they do it for boxin though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

9 outta the 12 ppv's this year we'll have to shell out for afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Good thread on this already .

For something like Mania, Id have no probs, same with the Rumble, and depending on the cards, Id have no probs with a few others as well.

SD PPVs have all been bad this year with the exception of NWO in febuary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the rumble and mania will be the only 2 i will shell out extra for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I can't believe that! How much do you guys think it will cost? Most of the recent PPVs on Sky cost around 22 yo yo but I can see them substantially increasing this to around 30 euros. Well at least RAW will be live live on Sky from next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the pay per views stay at €23 for each event, if you can split the costs with an m8 its nots that bad, thats what I do all the time and we always make a right proper night of it all with beer, burgers and a healthy selection of various junkfood, its all good:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Well Sky Sports can say goodbye to my subscription if that's the case. There's no way I'm paying for the PPV's as well as Sky Sports. In fact, considering the quality of the past years PPV's I'd be surprised if I ordered more than than two this year. I think this is a bad move by Sky and what makes it even more annoying are those ads they are running at the moment saying how great 2005 is going to be for WWE fans. I know RAW was live on Monday but personally I like to sleep at night. Last night RAW wasn't on until 11pm despite the fact that Sky have four available channels to show it on (including Sports Xtra). It doesn't seem that 2005 will be a very good year for WWE fans on Sky but they seem to think that we are stupid enough to believe that it will be great if they tell us so. It's just the typical treatment wrestling fans like myself should really have come to expect from Sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

they must think we're desparate not only does the price rip the bollox off of ya the bleedin event is on at 1am! how cruel is that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gerard359

does anyone think that it would be a great idea if sky did some sort of season ticket, were maybe for a one-off payment like 65 quid u got complete access to all the pay per views for the year?? (kinda like a prem plus thing)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Pay-Per-View SUCKS. I want my Wrestle Mania!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

sucks ass big time, all the big name ppvs are going to be ppvs for us now. Why am i paying a subscription for sky when they want more money off me. 23 euro is just too much imho. Im not going to buy royal rumble because Randy Ortans going to win it, and im not going to buy WM because ortan v hhh is not what i want to see. Wrestling has gone to the dogs this last year.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i like pay per views, i dont have to subscribe to sky sports and stilll have the choice of watching a ppv if i think its good enough, plus you also get an entire week of repeats which makes it handy for making multiple copies of the event. Theres no way I would pay for an entire year of ppvs as many of them are sub standard cards but I have no problem shelling out for rumble, mania, summerslam and suvivor series... splitting the cost with m8's also makes the experience far less expensive and alot more fun with a good group of ppl to watch it with ...

Advertisement