Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could some stranger help me? please....

Options
  • 23-12-2004 8:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest any clubs out there with an indie vibe to them? I've been going to The Hub for the last year so I'm looking for a change of face(not that the hub is crap,its that its too good). I've been to whelans and its **** so can anybody out there recommend anywhere out there similar to The Hub?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

not similar to the hub, but the oak has a good indie feel to it apparantly...

And Doyles... thursday night upstairs is great. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Gonna agree on that vote for The Oak.
    Carnival on Wexford St. often play some kickin' tunes too. :)
    And it's free in.
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Milkman Dan

scarfacemj wrote:
    Can anyone suggest any clubs out there with an indie vibe to them? I've been going to The Hub for the last year so I'm looking for a change of face(not that the hub is crap,its that its too good). I've been to whelans and its **** so can anybody out there recommend anywhere out there similar to The Hub?

whelans isn't crap,
    sometimes its great.
    the music can be dopey sometimes, but its usually good.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

where's the oak?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

exactly the music, isnt that what its all about? whelans hasn't got a patch on the hub! If something's gonna start in Dublin thats the place it's gonna happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

dead air wrote:
    where's the oak?

Dame St.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i believe these kinda threads occur once every 3 or 4 months... and its always the same places that are mentioned... the oak would be my choice too... i like the vibe down there... and the beer garden in trinity is a great place to enjoy a shmokaaay, pub hours though.. i was there one night during the HWCH festival after 2 or 3 at doyle's..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

Looks like I'm stayin in The Hub then so, and if the spanish lounge girl every reads this, I love you lola(even more than cherry cola!)

and yes she is a woman,I hope.

Advertisement