Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrimbo shopping bargains

Options
  • 23-12-2004 9:31pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just the two.

Donkey Konga is 60 everywhere except in smyths where its 50. If you use your loyalty card its only 40. the games in smyths seem to be cheaper than anywhere else and they seem to be knocking off quite a bit with the loyalty card. Don't have a loyalty card? Then just sign up for one on the spot.

Psi-Ops on PS2 is going for 15 in Game which is both a steal and a shame. A steal because its quite new and very good and a shame because it looks like its another BG&E, excellent game but discounted because its not selling at all.

Bad news for Gamecube owners like myself :( Paper Mario 2 can't be found anywhere on the northside. And the cute girl in Game didn't help when she told me they hadn't had it in for 2 weeks but she had a copy and smiled as if it was brilliant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

On the subject of BG&E, it's down to 20 on GC and 15 on PS2 in Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Was in gamestop on liffey street today and they had a copy of paper mario 2 on the shelf if thats any help, also when i got mine they had none on the shelf but many in the stockroom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

This one slipped by me somehow though it's not my primary kind of game. Checked out the website and it seems quite good. Twenty euro seems like a bargain do you reckon it's really that good?

Well any review of it I've ever read has given it an 80-90%ish score. Think I'll be grabbing it for GC tomorrow :) Though what with getting Paper Mario 2 from the big fat man in the big red suit and not being finished Metroid Prime 2, can't see myself getting much time to play...:(

Also Psi-Ops is 15 on Xbox too, if anyone wanted it for the behemoth.
    And Madden is down to 30 on all formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

You'll walkthrough BG&E - it's not the toughest of games and the story keeps you playing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TimAnne

Well any review of it I've ever read has given it an 80-90%ish score. Think I'll be grabbing it for GC tomorrow :) Though what with getting Paper Mario 2 from the big fat man in the big red suit and not being finished Metroid Prime 2, can't see myself getting much time to play...:(
    aye. i still have to finish mp2, viewtiful joe 2 and hl2...
    going to pick up bg&e for myself if they have it in Galway though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GAME's sale seems to have started early and there are some great bargains to be had, made for some great late Christmas presents.

Outrun II - €30
    Disgaea - €30
    The Suffering - €15
    Psi-Ops - €15
    Street Fighter Anniv - €30
    Drakengard - €15
    Gregory Horror Show - €15
    Midway Arcade Treasures 2 - €15

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Was in gamestop on liffey street today and they had a copy of paper mario 2 on the shelf if thats any help, also when i got mine they had none on the shelf but many in the stockroom

They told me they had none :rolleyes: Think I'll just order it from play.

Might pick up gregory horror show.

And Rainbow kirby if you liked zelda you will like BG&E. Its very similar and is definitely a 90%+ game despite whet the some rag mags say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I thought you would be well hungover :)

Spare a thought for the poor bastard that had to work this morning :|

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well my brothers coughing woke me up. All i can do is point and laugh at you. Now back to farcry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Well I get paid for the whole day, and I'm leaving now so :p

Not only did I get all of that budweiser for free, I got 10 bottles of wine, 3 bottles of whiskey, a bottle of cognac :/

I should open offlicense Praetoriano!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got Sly 2 on the PS2 for €30 in Game yesterday. Which is quite good as it came out very recently.

Oh, and I'd also like to say that Beyond Good and Evil is an excellent title. There are some really great cinematic moments in it and the music is really good too.

Also the main character isn't just a pair of tits on legs like most video game heroines.

I felt it was all over a bit soon.. and the last level wasn't really a full proper level... but it's probably good that it leaves you wanting more...

I've played through it completely twice since I got it... it's still alot of fun a second time through.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got Sly 2 on the PS2 for €30 in Game yesterday. Which is quite good as it came out very recently.

Oh, and I'd also like to say that Beyond Good and Evil is an excellent title. There are some really great cinematic moments in it and the music is really good too.

Also the main character isn't just a pair of tits on legs like most video game heroines.

I felt it was all over a bit soon.. and the last level wasn't really a full proper level... but it's probably good that it leaves you wanting more...

I've played through it completely twice since I got it... it's still alot of fun a second time through.

And how much is it ? might get it as a present for the brother..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I haven't seen it in the shop myself though. You'd probably want to have serious brain damage not to buy it at that price...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Play are selling Chronicles of Riddick for a little over EUR25 - Bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I picked up a copy of breed in HMV for €14, saw the pc beyond good and evil for €16 there too. Also worth a mention is thief 3 for £10 on the game website, and siberia special edition thing for €25, but I can't remember where i saw that.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I picked up Vampire Bloodlines for 15 yoyos in GAME today, couldn't f*cking believe it.....
    I think I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the first game... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I picked up Vampire Bloodlines for 15 yoyos in GAME today, couldn't f*cking believe it.....
    I think I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the first game... :confused:

:eek: :eek: :eek: Its only out about 2 weeks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Tusky wrote:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Its only out about 2 weeks !!!
    exactly. it's by far the best deal ive seen.

got psi-ops for the xbox and it's brilliant! i spent ages just kicking bodies down stairs and dropping boxes on my head. lol

Another one in GAME: Viewtiful Joe, PS2, €15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea this is my reccomendation that im useing for ps2 sale lurkers. psi ops is what im using for xbox cause it's fookin deadly!(well it's a very good game, not a classic like VJ)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

bought v rally 3 on Gamecube today for 14.99 in game, over extreme g3 which is 12.99

v rally had been 34.99 so it was a pretty big reduction, whereas extreme g was previously only 14.99

the fact that its previous price had only been 14.99 put me off extreme g, but....

vrally is bloody awful

think it might be worth bringing back tomorrow!

also picked up donkey konga, which is amazing fun. had a few friends over this evening and we're all in agony from all the slapping and the clapping and hitting etc.
    excellent game, pity extra bongos are hard to come by

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Another one in GAME: Viewtiful Joe, PS2, €15.
    it'd be great if you lazy bastids actually turned up and opened the doors :mad:

Advertisement