Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to send someone call credit as gift ?

Options
  • 23-12-2004 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

My mate has an 087 pay-as-you-go type phone with Vodafone
    [ I have an O2 monthly/contract account ]

I'd like to send him some call credit for xmas... he's broke and has done me a couple of favours recently.

How on earth can I do this online ? I've tried vodafone.ie but didn't see any way to do it.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Could you not just buy credit normally and put the paper with the code in a card? Or text him the number at the bottom of the slip of paper you get? That's what ppl do when they buy me credit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

If you've got AIB Internet banking setup you can do it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

You can get credit in like a special card for X-Mas in the Vodafone Shops :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I'd go with the buying the credit and texting the number option.. this way you can leave a message and they will know who sent them the gift as opposed the AIB way where they will not even know they have recieved credit from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

ah brilliant - didn't know it was as simple as that (have never bought phone credit).
    I'll text it to him so.

cheers all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

i thought that if you ring vodafone with topup number they can top up the number and send a message to say who its from.Friend didnt it last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

You can always do it from an ATM machine.....

Advertisement