Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

<Post Reply> Get thread closed - don't you just hate that!

Options
  • 24-12-2004 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭

Since the rep system vanished I've had an increasing problem with this: You start reading a thread. Think up an appropriate post, continue reading in case someone has beat you to it - get to the end and notice it was closed 2 minutes ago :eek:

Can't suggest a universal forum for this think it's down to PMs. Or anyone got better ideas on this?...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Can't suggest a universal forum for this think it's down to PMs. Or anyone got better ideas on this?...
    Baw?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

In the case of the Heineken thread, crap like that would be best off moved to the nest than closed, IMO... That does seem to be what its there for...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

all i can say is thats just the way I have always done things.
    going to move this to feedback, would seem to be more suitable there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭elivsvonchiaing

In the case of the Heineken thread, crap like that would be best off moved to the nest than closed, IMO... That does seem to be what its there for...
    This was mainly about that thread!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Threads get closed.

I'm confused :confused:, what's your complaint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I *think* elivsvonchiaing means that you want to say something to a poster say for instance something smart but when you go to post it you find the thread has been closed due to other peoples smartness.

In the rep days you would of just gave rep and a little message etc.

These days the only option left is to pm but that takes ages and isn't a favoured option.

Farlz

Thats just my uptake on the situation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Farls wrote:

In the rep days you would of just gave rep and a little message etc.

These days the only option left is to pm but that takes ages and isn't a favoured option.

Yep I miss the option to send little messages too. IMO they were a welcome addition to Boards and helped foster good feeling between the general users. I don't ever remember having never sent a PM to comment on a post but I used the comment facility of the rep system regularly. I hope it will be possible to facilitate that feature at some time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Since the rep system vanished I've had an increasing problem with this: You start reading a thread. Think up an appropriate post, continue reading in case someone has beat you to it - get to the end and notice it was closed 2 minutes ago :eek:

Get a faster internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

pam wrote:

Or post your reply to the thread before you read it, that seems to work for some people. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

pam wrote:
    or a quicker wit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Or stalk them on boards and wait for another opportunity to unleash your wicked burn on them.

Advertisement