Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think Bud and Heino are real beers.

• 24-12-2004 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭

Sound like a bunch of D4 pansies to me.

Here's what I'll be drinking in the next few days..

http://www.arrogantbastard.com/

Washed down with some Stroh 80

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Jebis Stroh is serious stuff... the bottle looks like a cologne bottle for a reason...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You can also do circus tricks with it, involving flame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Ill stick to my cans of carling thanks :D

Bud's great though cos it goes down like water....

I might also order some of this beer.

RANKED NO.1 IN THE WORLD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

They sell that trappist beer in the porter house, its good stuff. i drank a shedload of it one night..i forget what happened next :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

If you want real beer there is only one and its called "De Kanon". Its made by Grolsch and you can only get it in the Netherlands. Its the nicest beer I have ever, its kinda of sweet but packs a real punch. I think its around 11.6%, everytime I go to holland usually bring a case back, its terrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

SteveD wrote:
    Bud's great though cos it goes down like water....

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Bud, sex on the beach, and tequila. You'll rarely find me drinking anything outside of that list.

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**']Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I was working one day and there was a Bud promotion on. The winner won with the tiebreaker:

Budwiser is the King of Beers because, it goes down like water.

I thought it was quite apt :)

Yeah I like Bud, but it ain't the king. Just nice n easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

My god bud is rotten, leaves you feeling like **** too, if you want something that does down like water you need to drink coors light.

Also I think you need a shiney nike tracksuit and a burberry cap to get a pint of bud.

I've been meaning to try Coors Lite but can't shake the feeling it'll turn me into a woman...

I've kinda gone off Bud now though, can't drink it unless it's in a proper Bud glass...

I dont drink coors light either but have done before, it goes down like water and it tastes nicer than bud

I love my guinness and wine haha

I've found recently I can't drink beer if it's not in the correct glass. It just doesn't taste right.

Actually everything tastes right out of the tasty Harley Davidson branded Miller glasses I stole from work :D

lol maybe you should see a shrink for that :)

I am MAN wrote:
    Also I think you need a shiney nike tracksuit and a burberry cap to get a pint of bud.

No, thats Bulmers :D

I found in work the majority of people I had to ID were Bulmers or Bud drinkers...

Another completely random bar-trade fact from steve

lol i'll add that to my toilet reading facts book

I do find most skangers drink bud though

It's true yeh. I used to drink Heineken when I started drinking (too classy for Dutchy ;)... no that's a lie my stomach just can't take it) and I only tried Bud cos they didn't have Heineken on tap in UGC and I got the closest thing to it, Bud.

I was hooked since then.

I find recently though that I can only have about 4 pints of Bud though before I kinda just can't drink it anymore. I gag a little just drinking it...

I've switched to Miller recently which seems to have cured my gagging problem...

But any time I do find myself gagging it's time for the auld JD and coke

If you get onto guinness you will swear by it, I certainly do. It's so much nicer than having a pint of beer/lager. If I was to drink lager it would be heinken and if not heineken it would be carlsberg.

Love my wine, drinking some now as we speak/post :)

• Advertisement

I drink Guinness the odd time... I always just end up full though as opposed to drunk.

The last time I got drunk on Guinness was after work one day we had a lock in, just me another guy and the manager. Got out about 7am and walked home in the blinding sun...

Next day all I could taste was the Guinness...

I only really drink Guinness if a few of my mates are drinking it or if I see a pint and it looks tasty....

You only drink it if you see a few of your mates drinking? peer pressure! :)

Alot of people say that they feel full after it this isnt the case with me, I could go out and have 12-15 pints of it on the binge and feel ok apart from being totally pissed haha.

Must admit the next morning the guinness taste is really bad.

I can drink Guinness till the cows come home (or i take them home..... :eek:) and still not get drunk.

The main reason I wait till someone else is drinking it is so I'm sure it'll be fresh. I've seen and served a few bad pints in my time and I wouldn't get a pint if other people were coming back with bubbly overflowing pints with huge heads... I know sometimes there's nothing you can do but meh...

Guinness tastes wonderful but it has to be pulled right by someone who gives a cr@p about what he's serving. Plus you really have to know if the place has good pints.

I never really understood why some places have better pints than others but one of the auld lads in the bar in work told me one that it depends on how far the cold room is from the taps, which I suppose is logical cos it means less crud in the lines...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

My fave is Staropramen. Although a bit pricey, I made sure I got in a few half litre bottles for Crimbo. After that I tend to go for Heino. Don't really mind Bud but prefer the original Budvar.

Yep two nice beers that I would drink now and again, I worked in Dunnes offlicense part-time last year and we got tons of Staro on offer and i bought two cases, was like 24 euro for 24 bottles, lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Giblet wrote:
    Think Bud and Heino are real beers.

Reminds me of a joke:

The leaders of the big beer companies meet for a drink. The president of Budweiser orders a Bud, the CEO of Miller gets a Miller, the head of Coors orders a Coors, and so on.

Then the waitress asked Arthur Guinness what he wanted to drink, and much to everybody's amazement, Mr. Guinness ordered a Coke!

"Why didn't you order a Guinness?" everyone asks.

Guinness replies, "Naah, if you guys aren't having beer, then neither will I..."
    SteveD wrote:
    I've kinda gone off Bud now though, can't drink it unless it's in a proper Bud glass...

They're called 'urinals'

I'd prefer a Bud over a Heineken. Heineken tastes rotten, like it's gone off or something. I dunno how people can stand it really.

I got given alot of trappist beer tonight, I'm REALLY happy. Quality ale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Heineken

Heino 4 life!

I bet you sit on heineken bottles too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Giblet wrote:
    I got given alot of trappist beer tonight, I'm REALLY happy. Quality ale.

Excellent stuff man!

The belgians really know how to make great beer.

Got a load myself the other night.

Big 75cl bottles of:

Chimay Grande Reserve
    Leffe
    La Chouffe

And then 33cl bottles of:

2 x Chimay Trippel
    2 x Het Kapitel
    Hoegaarden

Suffice to say I was VERY drunk indeed, but woke up yesterday without any hangover at all! Thank god for the purity law in Belgium, no chemical crap allowed in the beer there! All the chemicals, that's why Budweiser and other filthy American beers makes you feel like absolute ****.

And heiniken is just as bad, it's ****ing ****.

Ah, just polished off a bottle there. It was like having another Christmas dinner. Very nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ever tried La Chouffe? I only tried it for my first time there the other night, and it was absolutely gorgeous! Tasted more like a fine champagne than beer really.

Giblet wrote:
    Ah, just polished off a bottle there. It was like having another Christmas dinner. Very nice.
    I live a couple minutes away from the Porterhouse North, perhaps I should try this Trappist stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Carlsberg

Ehhh, carlsberg? Like, helloooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Im sick of Bud, Heineken is slightly better, i preffer Stella Artois or a nice bottle of Erdinger in a funny looking Erdinger pint glass. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Heineken

I wouldn't say no to a corona! mmmm tasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Heineken wrote:
    I wouldn't say no to a corona! mmmm tasty!
    mmm... cerveza del mexico !

I smell a mass gimmick banning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement