Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

are we like that

• 24-12-2004 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey please prove to me that people who listen to dance and trance etc are not all scumbags :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Meh, if you listen to trance only, chances are you are a scumbag. Unlucky friend :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

well i like house & funky house - that make me a scumbag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Anima wrote:
    Meh, if you listen to trance only, chances are you are a scumbag. Unlucky friend :)

i love trance so im a scumbag,thats a fantastic observation Anima,i wouldnt of known i was a scumbag until you posted that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

TX123 wrote:
    Hey please prove to me that people who listen to dance and trance etc are not all scumbags :cool:

We don't like your kind around here...

Sico wrote:
    We don't like your kind around here...

i second this,well said Sico

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TX123

shut up sico ur like them all. every moderator just blocks people from f*cking forums if they dont like you. if you ask me your all whimps cos u cant even give a reason . ive been blocked 3 times from these forums and ive never been given a reason . its free speech u stupid pr*cks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

TX123, eh?

Please define "Scumbag", then i'll tell ya

TX123 wrote:
    shut up sico ur like them all. every moderator just blocks people from f*cking forums if they dont like you. if you ask me your all whimps cos u cant even give a reason . ive been blocked 3 times from these forums and ive never been given a reason . its free speech u stupid pr*cks

you get blocked because you make stupid comments,sayin everyone that listens to trance is a scumbag,you obviously put alot of thought into that little gem,every one is entitled to free speech,that doesnt give you the right to talk sh1te like that tho, and if you have such a problem with the way this site is worked stop visiting it

Heh, I was slightly intoxicated at the time of my post and I'm only after realising what the first post actually said (nice grammer by the way ;) ).

Kinkstr, I didn't mean to imply that everyone who listens to trance is a scumbag, its what I first started listening to and still do from time to time. I was referring to all the "Special D" and "Scooter" lovers out there who have no musical taste and only listen to it because "it sounds cool" ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

thats not trance at all thats just ****e!

• Advertisement

so you think scooter is a trance artist? i understand everything now!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

Lol, Dont be so goddamn touchy.

Theres a lot of sides to this coin, a fair amount of muppets present and alot of ****e music.

And then theres the good stuff :)

One thing about Irish society reflected on boards is that we're always worryed about sterotyping other people in to catagorys so we can feel more comfortable.

Its not worth the hassle tbh.

theres not alot of sides to this coin,im not being touchy,all im saying is that saying every one that listens to trance is a scumbag is a stupid in completely inaccurate comment
    o yea and saying "scooter" and "trance" in the same sentence just isnt right!

What genre would you say Scooter falls under so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Euro cheesy muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

I'm fairly open minded, and in all fairness i thought everyone who listened to trance was a scumbag because all those lousy radio radio stations peddle that nonsense like 'because tonight (belongs to lovers)' and the dubiously titled 'scooter mega mix' as being trance, and the club nights they advertise do similar. Then i realised these people werent dj's, they were stupid dick heads from dick head town, and thus discovered that trance isnt what people think it is. so now my qualm isnt with people who listen to trance, it's with people who listen to shight dance music in general.
    anyway at the end of the day it's irrelevent, cause young people who listen to other types of music(not dance) can't diffferentiate between impact by orbital and take me to the clouds above from irish clubland, so to them, we're all scumbags.
    check out the tracklist of this album called trance europe express, named after the kraftwerk album. it's hardly knackery by any standards, although in some parts it's fairly cheezy :D
    Disc 1:
    1. Semi Detached - Orbital
    2. Gravity Pull - Bandulu
    3. Face the Day - Readymade
    4. Desir - System 7
    5. Persuasion - Billie Ray Martin, Spooky
    6. Mantra [Praying Mantra] - Material
    7. Xeper! - The Black Dog
    8. Celestial Symphony - Scubadevils
    9. Midnight in Europe - O Thirty
    10. Space Track - Cosmic Baby
    11. Black Hole - Total Eclipse
    12. Random - CJ Bolland
    Disc 2:
    1. Colour of the Sun - MLO
    2. It's a Kind of Magic - Source
    3. Analogue Bubblebath 3 - Aphex Twin
    4. Majestic [Millwall Mix] - The Orb
    5. Glitz - Moody Boyz
    6. Move - Moby
    7. Washed over by a Mastemah - DiY
    8. Follow the Sun - The Drum Club
    9. Dust - Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia
    10. The Mission - Barbarella
    11. Inter-Lergen-Ten-Ko - The Sabres of Paradise
    12. N - Trance Induction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Listen to whatever you want my friend, dont listen to them muppits..Every style of music can be slagged one way or another - rock,pop,80's etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I really like Psychedelic trance and Funky house I must be a real dodgy geezer so.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

TX123 wrote:
    careful! Lenny will knife you for saying **** like that

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Funny man tman :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

what a silly thread... for the record i'm a well dodgy geezer and i play drum and bass, trance people ive met always seem to be pilled up hippies who lose their coats and have their phones taxed at parties... the way youre man said "trance and dance" makes me suspect that he's about 13 and wearing eye make up to match his slipknot t-shirt...

find me some heavy metal thats even one tenth as dark and scary as the stuff i'll play and i'll give you a lollipop to suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

find me some heavy metal thats even one tenth as dark and scary as the stuff i'll play and i'll give you a lollipop to suck.

Hehehe, Booya! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Considering I can't recommend them enough try some of the Swans early stuff. None of this 14 year old teen angst stuff, this is really heavy.

Do I get a lolly?

P.S. what kind of stuff do you play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

tman wrote:
    careful! Lenny will knife you for saying **** like that

You don't want to fu<k with him, he's from Tallaght!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

what a silly thread... for the record i'm a well dodgy geezer and i play drum and bass, trance people ive met always seem to be pilled up hippies who lose their coats and have their phones taxed at parties... the way youre man said "trance and dance" makes me suspect that he's about 13 and wearing eye make up to match his slipknot t-shirt...

what do you reckon the darkest dnb tracks are? i find something very unnerving about firebox by buck rogers although it's not necessarily dark, it also makes me need to cr@p if i play it on my proper system!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

"trance people ive met always seem to be pilled up hippies who lose their coats and have their phones taxed at parties"

Classic

Advertisement