Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need some advice

Options
  • 24-12-2004 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

HAs anyone done European studies(german+russian) and germanic languages or is anyone in the process of doing one?? I have applied for these through the CAO for Trinners and would like to know how people find them. Are the useful? are they enjoyable, prospects? ...basically any feedback at all on them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

A friend of mine did Germanic Languages because he wanted to go to Trinity, was resonable at German and couldn't get the points for anything else. He quit after two years and went and did something else.

Another friend of mine is doing European Studies but as far as I know the languages he was studying were french, german and maybe one other continental, definetly not russian. He by the way loves this course and was in Paris last year on socrates which he said was amazing.

Sorry I can't offer you any first hand advice and concerning prospects .... that's a whole different thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MrOrdinary

...well...European studies is my first choice, so i guess thats a good thing, thanks alot for the info

Advertisement