Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new site -opinions please

Options
  • 24-12-2004 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭

http://angelofdeath.netrulon.com/

a site for a counter strike clan, no content yet just the navigation and design, so what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

it's a bit graphically heavy/dirty looking for my taste, but thats down to personal taste.

I'd make the rollover animation faster. At the moment the text just kinda jumps about, but if you speeded it up it would look really frantic/interesting.

I don't like the background bricks at all, it makes it look like a quake clan page from the late 1990's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

perfect thats what i was going for, very close with the background image, its not quake but from another of id's classics doom3! i agree with making the rollover faster but with adobe imageready that seems to be as fast as i can get it to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

I wouldn't call the center image 'banner' as it will probally be blocked by people using adblock, also its a bit big (dimensions).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

http://angelofdeath.netrulon.com/

a site for a counter strike clan, no content yet just the navigation and design, so what do ye think?

Frames are bad, mmmkay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Too hard to read the menu button's. Maybe change the colour to something slightly lighter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deep_end

dramatic and slow you need bright colours to keep it alive.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I only get (on the right hand side)
    "Down
    For
    Lin"

Who's Lin, a friend?

Using Mac/Firefox0.9.3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

no offence but I think its pretty crap, very basic....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

No offence intended either but it looks like one of those very first graphical websites from 1994 ish.Very dated and ugly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

yeah.. very old looking.. and dark.. make it more slick and smooth lined.. thats ugly.. grotesque one might even say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

Gordon wrote:
    I only get (on the right hand side)
    "Down
    For
    Lin"

Who's Lin, a friend?

Using Mac/Firefox0.9.3

resolution, 1024x768 minimum, its downloads, forums, links

hmmm think ill scrap it so and use phpBB, well thats five hours wasted so

cheers for the c&c