Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

online motor tax

Options
  • 24-12-2004 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

well i just renewed my motor tax online on tuesday, and i got the disk today. very impressed to say the least. recommonded. very painless bar the actual payment, 272 just before christmas, insurance in jan im so poor!

but was just wondering, do you not need to get the book stamped anymore?

tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The book! How olds your car? The log-book went west in 1993 I think. Since then its a regestration document, the Vehicle Licencing Certificate (RF101).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

lol, its an 89 corolla! by far the best car ive driven for its age, now granted thats not many 5-6, but she is still going grand, only 80,000 on her now!

edit: i was told the other day by an insurance company that my car was too old for them to insure!! the cheek! wish i could tax and insure it for a classic though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

edit: i was told the other day by an insurance company that my car was too old for them to insure!! the cheek! wish i could tax and insure it for a classic though!

I hate that attitude, if your car has an NCT why is'nt fit to insure? Makes no sense.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

tell me about it!if the car is machinically sound why sould they deny it because of its age! thats agism!!! i probably souldnt post while full of festive cheer! ie a beer or to, please remember dont drink and drive!

since i have a book thought due to the age should it matter it wont have a stamp!

Advertisement