Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rushmore

• 24-12-2004 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

One of the best films I've ever seen. Murray at his finest, and an original script for once! There's so many clever little moments in it that had me in hysterics :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

In a related topic The Royal Tenenbaums is on tomorrow on Network 2 at 9!

Perfect for when you've had a few and are chillin' on the couch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

SteveD wrote:
    In a related topic The Royal Tenenbaums on tomorrow on Network 2 at 9!

Perfect for when you've had a few and are chillin' on the couch

One of my freinds gave me a copy of Rushmore . He watched it wit me and first thing i said after it finished was it reminded me of the Royal Tenenbaums ......... then he told me why that might be ;)

Oh and yes good film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭weerez

Rushmore is a masterpiece in my opinion. Royal Tenenbaums is excellent too.
    Can't wait to see Wes Anderson's next film, The Life Aquatic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

yeah... Rushmore is great. I was alot like Max when I was in college.

I was a bit disappointed with The Royal Tenenbaums though. I hope the Life Aquatic is better.

Bottle Rocket is excellent though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Agree with you there!

Loved both 'Bottle Rocket' and 'Rushmore'... but was disappointed with 'The Royal Tenenbaums'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Actually I watched Royal Tenenbaums on Christmas Day and didn't enjoy it at all as much as I did when I first saw it.

Bottle Rocket was brilliant though!

I haven't seen Bottle Rocket but have been meaning to. I have to say I loved Royal Tenenbaums. Gene Hackman should have got an oscar for his role.

Sat down and watched 'The Life Aquatic' last night and frankly, i was very disappointed!!

It is, by no means, a terrible movie! But Wes Anderson just seems to be losing whatever 'spark' we saw in films like 'Rushmore' and 'Bottle Rocket'

Here's a short list of negative's and positives:

Negatives:
    - The usually great (in my opinion anyways) Owen Wilson was wasted!
    - Cate Blanchett was extremely irritating, and sported a terrible British accent to boot!
    - Didn't care too much for all the CGI... but it was probably necessary!
    - Extremely slow-moving!!

Positives:
    - Bill Murray was great.. not nearly as good as he was in 'Rushmore' but definantly had the best performance in the film.
    - Willem Dafoe was also great in a fairly small but very comedic role.
    - Anjelica Houston had very little screen time! (big positive, in my opinion!)

One for the die-hard Anderson fans, i think!

That's not good news about Life Aquatic, Basquille.
    Did you think it was as good as Royal Tenenbaums?

I'd probably rank 'The Royal Tenanbaums' slightly higher than it!

But that's not to say that people won't like 'The Life Aquatic'. Similarly to 'The Royal Tenanbaums, it'll really divide audiences and Anderson fans.

• Advertisement

I loved The Royal Tenenbaums so hopefully I'll love this too.

I heard Wes Anderson is making a Stop Motion Animated version of Fantastic Mr. Fox as his next.

Advertisement