Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harajuka girls

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Kaoru_ai

FYI to the retard who made the initial post. That harajuku girl, whom you dare to call a hoe, is a Dir en grey cosplayer. She happens to be dressed as Shinya from Dir en grey, in his Mitsu to Tsuba (Tsumi to Batsu) outfit.
    Yes HIS because he is a man. (they are all men)
    mttshinya.jpg
    papel10.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

eh... chill out, I think she meant they're hoes in general.

I think she meant they're hoes in general.
    but they're not. Most of all my friends are Harajuku cosplayers, so when people say crap like that I get offended, because I am also a Dir en grey cosplayer. So are you saying that I too am a ho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I did not voice my opinion on this, so I did not say that they're hoes. In fact I quite like how some of those cosplays turned out. BTW what's Dir en grey?

Demeant0r wrote:
    I did not voice my opinion on this, so I did not say that they're hoes. In fact I quite like how some of those cosplays turned out. BTW what's Dir en grey?

Dir en grey is a Japanese Rock band, whom when they first started they were visual kei, although they are not now. They have a rather strong following of fans, around the world, and most fans have fun cosplaying them. Even here in Japan, the Dir en grey cosplay community is still pretty strong, we carry around little cosplay business cards and meet every sunday in Harajuku to hang out with eachother and take purikura together. The tourists attraction part is sort of a side effect. We get together to be together, not to show off to all the foreigners... People really misunderstand this. But we look so odd to those who don't know Dir en grey, so people get confused, take our pictures, and then call us hoes.

this is the best description that I have found so far, but its a bit outdated
    http://www.projectj.net/direngrey.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭landser

Kaoru_ai wrote:
    we carry around little cosplay business cards and meet every sunday in Harajuku to hang out with eachother and take purikura together.

...yeah, they're not hoes, they're just sad b*****ds

landser wrote:
    You must lead a pathetic sad life to think so. Cosplaying isn't cheap. We spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on one cosplay alone.
    although its just a hobby, if you think what we do makes us sad b*****ds, you really are clueless. Get off your ****ing couch stupid american.
    I'd like to see your sorry ass try it.

Kaoru_ai wrote:
    You must lead a pathetic sad life to think so. Cosplaying isn't cheap. We spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on one cosplay alone.
    although its just a hobby, if you think what we do makes us sad b*****ds, you really are clueless. Get off your ****ing couch stupid american.

Thanks for proving my point!

BTW, I'm not american.... this is an Irish site, you fool!

Ahahaha... i seriously didn't realize that, with the over abundance of english and all, might as well have been.
    anyways
    it still doesn't matter either way. I figured you were all american with how rude you were all being towards the subject.

• Advertisement

Kaoru_ai wrote:
    Ahahaha... i seriously didn't realize that... XD.
    anyways
    it still doesn't matter either way.

Don't worry about it, I usually assume that everyone from the Orient is Chinese

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ebichan

Cosplaying is a hobby and their way of showing adoration for their favourite band. They spend money on it, and get together in communities like what normal people with similar interests would do. Just because what they do is not widely accepted in other countries doesn't mean that it's weird/wrong/etc.

Exchanging business cards doesn't make them "sad bastards", it's a way of life, a culture in Japan. And I certainly do not see any harm in meeting up with friends of the same interest.

I think you should learn to accept cultures in other countries before judging them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

I think you should learn to accept cultures in other countries before judging them.
    thats the most pious first post ive ever seen. I think goths are sad...well,thats the whole point really....bad example. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hey, Kauru_ai, do you like X-Japan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Kaoru_ai wrote:
    Welll here in Ireland its considered pretty fúcking rude to call someone a retard so cop the fúck on and get off your high horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

purdee wrote:
    thats the most pious first post ive ever seen. I think goths are sad...well,thats the whole point really....bad example. :D

In fairness, these cos-players are a lot cooler looking and put in far more effort than the average Irish gothling.

• Advertisement

simu wrote:
    In fairness, these cos-players are a lot cooler looking and put in far more effort than the average Irish gothling.

If you ever go to a proper Goth club, like Dominion, you might be suprised.

simu wrote:

I may not agree with the cooler part, but I agree with the 10/10 for effort...I am in no position to judge talent in relation to what evr look they aspire to imitate. I never heard of them before and my honest to god opinion as I read the thread was that teenagers will always find ways to get someone to look at them. As far as I am concerned they dress like freaks and enjoy having group sessions of ego-massage and attention.

Whereas you, Purdee, always dress to avoid attention, right? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

"teenagers will always find ways to get someone to look at them."

Yea...cos that's what we do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

If you ever go to a proper Goth club, like Dominion, you might be suprised.

Address? By gothling, I was referring to kids who have a goth phase more than serious, long-time goths.

• Advertisement

Simu: http://dominion.gothic.ie/

And tbh, a lot of kids who are refered to as goth these days are anything but.

Actually just take a peek at this, and tell me there's no effort that goes into that. As cool as anything you might see in Harajuku methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Karl, link's broken..

landser wrote:
    Don't worry about it, I usually assume that everyone from the Orient is Chinese

lol

Whereas you, Purdee, always dress to avoid attention, right?
    Theres attention and then theres ATTENTION. I gave them 10/10 for effort. Maybe I should have said how wonderful they are...is that what you want? Shall I gush about how "different" and "imaginative" they are? :rolleyes: Id take them over the nasty little skangers in town anyday tho'

purdee wrote:
    Thers attention and then theres ATTENTION.

Sheer hypocrisy!

Spurn your double-standards and admit it!

Sheer hypocrisy!

Spurn your double-standards and admit it!

Your a funny guy. ahahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Yeah...but you're not.

I know Im not a guy! rozabee, why are you making this personal? why would you do that....resorting to slanging...to get attention....oh, i forgot, thats what you do. :rolleyes:

Sangre wrote:
    Welll here in Ireland its considered pretty fúcking rude to call someone a retard so cop the fúck on and get off your high horse.

Oh but I have to sit and take it when someone is calling my friends hoes and sad bastards. Go straighten your priorities hypocrite.

And to the other person. Yes I like X-Japan, but my favorite band is Dir en grey. X-Japan is just a little too old school for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Jesus Kaoru_ai, ever consider taking Xanax? I sense much anger in you.

Like it or not people express their opinions on the internet, if you're going to freak out at everything like that I can just wish you luck if you plan on surviving here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

landser wrote:

And I suppose you think nothing of spending a whole night in a pub being charged through the nose for sh1t beer?

Japanese youth culture is very different to Irish youth culture. They'd probably think you're a loser.

• Advertisement

Kaoru_ai wrote:
    And to the other person. Yes I like X-Japan, but my favorite band is Dir en grey. X-Japan is just a little too old school for me.

I've never actually heard Dir en grey, but come on, X-Japan rock! KURENAI!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ebichan

I like X-Japan. Especially their ballads.

Personally I prefer their faster stuff, Yoshiki was one insane drummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Buttmunchy

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!! They look like ten year olds! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Kaoru_ai wrote:
    Ahahaha... i seriously didn't realize that, with the over abundance of english and all, might as well have been.
    anyways
    it still doesn't matter either way. I figured you were all american with how rude you were all being towards the subject.

eh who tore a ladder in your tights? Calm down...

No offence, but your culture is for most of us completely unknown...

It's interesting, but for some here who don't understand it just attack it.... also not American-personally I would be a bit offended at that, proud of the ol nationality and what not....if people hit low, you don't have to hit low...as for using english-so do lots of aussie's, kiwi's, and strangely enough alot of places that were colonised by the ol limeys back in the day-so open ur mind, as you are opening our eyes to your culture or your interests.

It is really interesting what you have to say though, what type of music would you describe the band as being similar to-or is it completely different from European/American stuff....

As for being hoes-which I don't think ye are-I think the outfits are pretty rockin, as long as ye are comfortable and enjoy what ye are wearing thats the main pt, let the narrow minded eejits think what they want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Kaoru_ai wrote:
    Oh but I have to sit and take it when someone is calling my friends hoes and sad bastards. Go straighten your priorities hypocrite.

You know what the funni thing abowt amewicans is? They awl loook da same. haw haw haw haw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Slartybartfast

Why do people keep likening harajuku girls to farming implements (hoes)?
    :mad:
    Or are you all trying to say "whores"?
    :rolleyes:
    I know a lot of Americans have difficulty with the correct pronunciation, but surely there is no need to spell the word incorrectly too?
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

they look crazy - but nothin wrong with that! If your happy who cares and regardless of how crazy they look, the least it can be said is that they can pull it of, put it like this they are not looking miserablely depressed like many central bank rockers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I know a lot of Americans have difficulty with the correct pronunciation, but surely there is no need to spell the word incorrectly too?
    :cool:

You spelt 'Slartibartfast' wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

I don't know what all you guys's problem with those girls and how they look is. Personally, I think they look so ****in' cool and their hair is deadly. I'd love to have clothes like that. Where's someone else who looks deadly, and also, Dir en Grey rule.
    Mana%20(26).jpgMana%20(08).jpgMana%20(22).jpg
    He's sexy.

I think they look fantastic myself, but you're going to get prats who don't like the style at all anyway. Same goes for particular style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭Rei-chan

Some of yous were saying that if you wore those clothes you'd get the **** beating out of you. I don't care, I'd dress like that. And I'd love to cosplay anime characters and go out like that. I already dress in 'gothic' clothes, like long black frilly skirts and corsets and tops with ribbons and long sleeves. I love anything with frills, and bows. I'd kill to have clothes like that. But I'm just a weird Otaku... I like to think that I put effort into what I wear, and the way I look... I wouldn't like anyone saying to me that I put no effort into how I dress. And I don't consider myself goth, by the way.

Rei-chan wrote:
    Some of yous were saying that if you wore those clothes you'd get the **** beating out of you.

You'd the get **** beaten out of you for wearing the wrong football jersey around certain people.

In reality, no matter what you wear, say, do, or look at, there's always going to be a chance someone would take exception. So people who say that kind of thing are just making excuses for being cowardly in the way they dress, if you get my meaning.

You'd the get **** beaten out of you for wearing the wrong football jersey around certain people.
    yes a English jersey never goes down well anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Ooh, yea! My first card
    sydicespecial.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

wtf.........................................................does that have to do with harajuka girls.....??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭charon

Hey, Kauru_ai, do you like X-Japan?

Great band!

And I think most of them girls are gorgeous! Makes me want to go to Japan even more

yeah japan would be great to go to pity it costs a bomb :( i can't really afford a €100 watermelon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭charon

Superman wrote:
    yeah japan would be great to go to pity it costs a bomb :( i can't really afford a €100 watermelon

For €100 it better be the best tasting watermelon ever!

"Regular watermelons in Japan cost from $15 to $25 each. Each square watermelon costs 10,000 yen, the equivalent of about $82." (http://archives.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/east/06/15/square.watermelon/)

Ah well looks like i'll just have to settle for a round one :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement