Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

testing a new bike?

Options
  • 24-12-2004 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

seeing as i bought my current machine from a friend....i'm wondering do bike shops let you take a test spin on new or second hand motors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not usually. Not unless you know them really, really well..
    Like you've married their sisters..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Most ive been to require a passport (they hold onto it) and take a photo of you on the bike.

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

i got a test drive on a GS1200... but then again that was from a BMW garage, not a bike dealership.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

rymus wrote:
    i got a test drive on a GS1200... but then again that was from a BMW garage, not a bike dealership.

Where was that? I'd love a test ride on a 1200GS. Thinking of changing my bike for one in the coming months..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

giftgrub wrote:
    seeing as i bought my current machine from a friend....i'm wondering do bike shops let you take a test spin on new or second hand motors?
    Some will, some won't. It can't hurt to ask - don't pull in on a CG125 and ask to take a Fireblade for a rip out the motorway. I've had lots of test drives on bikes, but I've had other shops tell me its not policy to allow it. Make sure you are insured to ride the bike you are testing.

'c

• Advertisement
Advertisement