Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Stephen's Day Bets

• 24-12-2004 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Not gonna post a load of selections here, despite the svolume of racing on stephen's day. However we'll see what we can come up with.

KEMPTON
    1.00 OLLIE MAGERN

This horse showed loads at the start of the season and kept on improving. When he came up against so called better horses like Royal Auclair he showed them that he can make it with the big boys. On a day like this all the "big boys" are otherwise engaged so he should take this, possibly at the expense of the big priced You're a Gasman.

This is tougher than most people think mainly because Rooster Booster is returning to a venue that he likes and the race should be run a little more suitably for him. Having said that, it's impossible to forget the ease at which he beat Inglis Drever last time and let's not forget that he also beat Back in front the time before that (Back in front beat Rooster booster with considerable ease last time) All this points to HARCHIBALD it seems.

2.10 The King George.

Where to start. The best race of the year without a doubt and there's no point in me saying much because everyone has their own opinion on the horses in this race. Kicking King is an interesting favourite and I think he definitely will run a big race and has a great chance of winning. However, there are a lot of dark horses in here (in the context of this particular race) Notably...Lord Sam, Le Roi Miguel, Kingscliff and my own favourite THEREALBANDIT. The above are all each way possibilities but I think therealbandit will win at a big price because simply put, I think he's a class act. When he won last time out against the likes of Joly Bay and Royal Auclair Timmy Murphy said that he expected the horse to win a lot easier than he did. Some would take this as a note of caution, I think Timmy will simply change his tactics a little, not drop the horse out too much so as to not force him to do too much come the final few fences. I'm a huge fan of this horse and hope he does me proud.

LEOPARDSTOWN

12:55

I have nothing much to say about this race, however someone posted something earlier about lumping on DEV in this race. I'd like to ask this chap why. This is a maiden hurdle that definitely has a favourite to be taken on and Dev has never run a race in his life. Does this person know something we don't??????

3:05

Just a quick note on this one. If Balapour has polished up his jumping he should win this.

WINCANTON

A race where Pipe has a pretty hot favourite in Lough Derg. Another smart pipe horse that I think may be carrying a little more weight than he'd like and may struggle. I think the one to capitalise will be DANGEROUSLY GOOD and let me tell you why.........he was beaten into third by what will be a very smart horse for Paul Nicholls in Monte Cinto, however he did well to even finish that close due to where the jockey had him and what he gave him to do. He stayed on really well though and this step up in trip will be just the ticket.

And that will do me..there really is too much racing. Do a few bets in the moring and enjoy the races and the soccer.

Good Luck to all.

D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

fade2black wrote:
    I have nothing much to say about this race, however someone posted something earlier about lumping on DEV in this race. I'd like to ask this chap why. This is a maiden hurdle that definitely has a favourite to be taken on and Dev has never run a race in his life. Does this person know something we don't??????
    You haven't been round boards very long. Dev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Ah.....I get it now. The guy who's journal is the most read etc....the famous Dev....here's me thinking i could earn a quick buck!!!!....ha.....ha.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Kicking King is looking a very backable price the way its going. 9/2 would be a great price. He is an excellent jumper and ran Beef or Salmon to 3 lengths at Down Royal. Thats great form and for me hes the bet of the Christmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

he is indeed, and e apparently worked out of his skin on the gallops, im looking at lumping on a big lump here on sunday.

he has a great chance but he's certainly not one to be lumping on. What I mean is I wouldn't be surprised if he won but this is a tougher race than you all think, mainly because a lot of these horses have been aimed at this. Kicking King has had several tough races in the past month or so and although he's a super prospect don't rely too much on the poor thing.

• Advertisement

Hearts in mouths near the end but he answered all the questions and Im delighted he won. Therealbandit was a bit disappointing but it's races like these where we see who the real horses are. Well done to all who backed him

A fairly profitable days racing.....dangeously good was 4-1 earlier on, not sure what price he won at. I did a lucky 31 and Like a butterfly let me down for 3000. The shortest price of all the horses I picked. Isn't it aways the way

Ollie Magern - Won 13-8
    Queen Astrid - Won 2-1
    Dangerously Good - Won 4-1
    Cane Brake - Won 7-4
    Like a butterfly- f*%$ing lose 5/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

All in all a good day - Kicking King, Harchibald and Dangerously good all winning means free scoops for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

pretty good racing considering most of the favourites won. Coming to the last in the king george kicking king tried to go through the fence did well to win. Just wait till rince ri comes back to form..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

holy **** what a day i told everyone he would do it, 700/200 i had first pop when i gto to leopardtown, you would want to see my da today though, the only horse he hasnt gone halfs with mr.clarkson is the most sucessful, roll on the gold cup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement