Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recieved Faulty Goods from seller in ebay

• 24-12-2004 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭

I bought a product on ebay that I received today. The problem is that it does not work.

I am going to send it back & I will suggest that he returns the purchase price which was about €7 or €8 euros.

I paid for it using Paypal - How should I look for a refund to be paid?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

ask the guy.. if he refuses, go to paypal and make a claim.. you might be able to get a refund from them. If not, you could claim off eBay... how much was it? you can't claim from eBay if it's less than 15 sterling.. postage isn't included.. if it's under 15, report him anyway cos he might get suspended and if not it'll be put on his account...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

it has to be reported to paypal within 30 days, you have up to 3 months to claim with eBay, but you can't make a claim untill you file an online fraud complaint.. no point contacting eBay yet,, they will just tell you to contact the seller and work things out, eBay is really only when all else fails..

but contact the seller, you'd be surprised.. a lot of them will refund you.. but there are some pricks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

PRE_10_DER wrote:

but contact the seller, you'd be surprised.. a lot of them will refund you.. but there are some pricks!!

He just contacted me. He is offering a replacement or refund. I'll go for the refund.

I have a standard paypal account - can he just credit this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i was wondering something kinda of similar. If you use paypal to sell things on the net, and you have to give someone a refund for whatever reason can it be done easily, or do you have to pay them back through pay pal, which would suck seen as how they take a percentage for each transfer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Cork wrote:
    He just contacted me. He is offering a replacement or refund. I'll go for the refund.

I have a standard paypal account - can he just credit this?

Can't he just transfer money FROM his paypal account TO your account. Works both ways doesn't it? Case closed, next plaintiff!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yes but wouldn't that person then have to refund the money + the orignal percentage that paypal took + the percentage on the transaction? There must be a simple refund thing on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

There is a simple refund process within Paypal. The buyer will get his money and the seller will get his fee back.

Paypal will not care if the item is faulty, the only way they would have refunded (if the seller did not) was if the buyer stated the item was never received and the seller could not prove that someone did not receive it.

Ebay will not care if the item is broken and you can claim off their insurance. There is a £15 sterling excess so if the item is only worth €8, the buyer would have got nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Damn, I got an APC DVD in which the sound was really crappy, I contacted the seller but never got a reply, and now when I look up his username he's unregistered! Is there anything I can do about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

yeah,, it doesn't matter if he's unregistered.. how much was the dvd? you can still claim off eBay or PayPal, but you can't claim off paypal if you paid more than 30 days ago.. and tbh, if you claim with eBay, it's not 100% certain you will get a refund, and if you do, it will take a long time for them to actually give you the money..

Plus, eBay will take 15GBP off what you want refunded.. so if you paid 16GBP for the DVD, you'll only get 1GBP back.. and if you paid less than 15GBP, then you'll get SFA

• Advertisement
Advertisement