Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funderland

Options
  • 24-12-2004 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

This is just a thread for the excellent event that is Funderland.For those of you that don't know it's starting on the 26th and running to the 16th of January.It's quite good this year, I've already sampled the rides and to all of you who go, don't miss Sensorium or the Jungle River Water ride!Good show and great fun splash ride!

If/When your going do be sure to let us know how you get on.I'll be working there this year so stop by and say hi if you see me.Oh and make sure you check out the Take Off - good ride.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭pinkpimp

Are you sure you havent been doing anything you shouldn't have on any of these rides? Anything personal for example?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Stephen Forde

Yeah I wonder what you would do for instance if you got stuck on the ride if when it was up very high? Jeez i wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'd throw things at people... but that's just me... and I'm a horrible person. Meh. :p

Not quite as horrible as what we had in mind...Liam, care to enlighten us?

Yeah, I know. I was just trying to drag the topic to something that bears thinking about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

I don't know what you're talking about :cool: :rolleyes:

Sure you dont! Maybe someone should refresh your memory eeh? How'd you like that?hmmm think hard...and think of all the possible things one can do all the way up there in a high ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

something bout a wánk at the top of the dropzone?

oops ive said too much

Theres a line, Holligan.

Then again, it is true...

• Advertisement

You should have left it another while!I wouldnt have stolen your liine or anything but the build up was gettign intense(with him not wanting anyone to know and stuff)

Yeah, I know if I had masturbated in public like that I wouldn't like people finding out. Especially on a popular ride like drop zone.

(I wonder how long we can keep this alive)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 dervy

Funniest/most embarrasing thing ever the day we nearly got thrown of the train to Cork for the above conversation!!

hmmm, its seems that boards is not the place ya want to come at 3:25am on christmas eve. Anyway, we all know now, so lets move on to further, more in depth discussion...

Was it cold up there? Didya wear gloves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭abraham lincoln

dervy wrote:
    ...for the above conversation!!

below perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

LiamD wrote:
    This is just a thread for the excellent event that is Funderland.
    No. It sucked when I was 12 and verily at 35, it still sucketh now.

LiamD wrote:
    This is just a thread for the excellent event that is Funderland.

yeah, i've got to question that too. want to choose a better adjective that might be truer to reality. i.e. one leaning very heavily towards extreme negitivty?

LiamD wrote:
    ...... the excellent event that is Funderland......

hit the nail on the head Conor, Liam?

I suggest this thread is now a thread where we discuss adequate replacements for this adjective. (Real CTYI like!)

My suggestion - Knacker infested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Replace "excellent event" with "catastrophically bad, train wreck in slow motion"

Meh. Excellent event, no. Acceptable way to pass the time with friends, yes. I'm going anyway at some point.

• Advertisement

excellent --> ****hole

well for those of us who dont make it to disneyland its the best ireland has to offer

Unfortunately, yes, it is still pretty shíte

It looks like I'm going to be working on the Americanm Swing for the duration, I was yesterday and I will be again today anyhow.And yes it is an excellent event, or so I'm to tell people...

Knacker infested...
    kip/hole/dump!
    its smell rivals that of a cow's rectum!
    LiamD wrote:
    >>Sensorium, the no.1 travelling Special Effects Show now at Funderland opens the 26th

>>Ladies and Gentlemen hold on tight - Ur in for a truly moving experience >>>Equinox<<<

>>Everybody get ready coz here we go rock steady!
    Liam, I understand you work there but do you have to plug it here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭TX123

Mariam Thankful Soul os right the place couldnt be more af a knackerfest. not to be confused with oktoberfest may i add

First - Others have what they want in their signatures so I don't see the problem in me plugging it.You don't have to read it if you don't want

Second - It's not the first time I've heard stuff like "It's a kip", "It's a knack hole" etc. but honestly it's not that bad.You really would be surprised how many families we get there, it's approaching about one third at this stage.The rest would be teens and young people <25 and despite what you may believe it's not full of knackers.No more than in Stephen's Green on a Saturday anyway.

Lastly - For the record I deny all allegations made herewithin about certain activities performed on certain rides.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I do miss the number of 10 year olds trying to start fights with me there - must go back sometime.

and the problem with sigs is that the admins dont like advertising. and i really wish people wouldnt use that "YOU DONT HAVE TOO READ IT!!!1!" etc.

now back on SOME form of topic.

LiamD wrote:
    Lastly - For the record I deny all allegations made herewithin about certain activities performed on certain rides.

ha ha! Drop Zone made Little Liamy a little too excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Judas04

Jus wen 2 fundrland! got totally F***ed on booze!! wer u on d american swing 2day?? weird! nah id recommend it 2 ne1!! as long as u got frnds wit u and r slightly off ur face ur grand!! Go on Jungle River!! SOOO much fun! jus dnt get 2 excited lol! :D

• Advertisement

Ahh, The cycle is complete.

Funderland is packed with knackers, don't try to deny it. Knackers can be included in all of the catergories, families (I believe the proper term is 'a gaggle', or 'a hoard'), teens and young people can all be knackers. If t'wasnt on the southside it would have nothing going for it. Frankly, I'd be more scared of walking by some of the people there than going on the roller coaster. Still ood craic though, depending on who you go with, obviously.

Advertisement