Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on this 3com router please...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

I use a similar one myself, have it fully wired with four connections and also use the wireless constantly, never had any problems with it, works quite well.
    the range is good enough too, get a good connection out the back garden with my laptop (approx 50ft) and even out the front in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

One positive review, progress :)

I'm considering ordering i over the weekend, unless someone can talk me out of it?

Only thing I'll need then is a cheap adsl ethernet modem (I'm not going for the router with inbuilt modem as I'm hoping to switch to ntl early next year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I use this one aswell and I have to say I'm extremely happy with it.
    I've tried several others like belkin and us robotics and found this one to be the most stable and reliable of them all, the features are nice aswell. The only element I wish had more features would be the firewall but other than that I give it a thumbs up and deffinitely recommend it.

Another positive review, beautiful.

What's your problems with the firewall? What features does it have, and more importantly which essential features do you feel it's missing?

I've gone ahead and ordered this, I've read a few good reviews elsewhere. I'd still be interested to hear your views on the firewall though...

• Advertisement
Advertisement