Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS problems

Options
  • 24-12-2004 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Happy Xmas Everyone!

I have bought new mobile phone GEO G1. I have setup all the setting needed manually (ex..GPRS, MMS) everything seems to work fine except SMS. I can receive but I can't send I have checked all settings, change all combination steel no lake. Costumer service have been very kind but no one could of help me.
    I'm Meteor customer and ServiceCentre: +353857000000
    I'm using mymeteor.ie to reply to messages :D
    So Please any help!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah.. move network.. like, many times i have phoned meteor, all nice and kind on the phone but then when it comes to living up to their promises.. hah FAT CHANCE!

Can you try the SIM card in a different phone? I wouldn't assume that its a network issue unless other users report the same problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deep_end

Karsini wrote:
    Can you try the SIM card in a different phone? I wouldn't assume that its a network issue unless other users report the same problem.
    Yeh! It does work. I know the problem is my phone but all settings seems right the only problem I assume is the software I used to sync with PC, somehow has done damage.

Cheers!!!

That would EXPLAIN alot... thats what did it..

Do you think so? what sould I do?

Thanx again!!!

• Advertisement

Shrimp wrote:
    That would EXPLAIN alot... thats what did it..
    Do you think so? What should I do?

Thanx again!!!

well.. put the phone back in and see if there's any type of master rest button?

Shrimp wrote:
    well.. put the phone back in and see if there's any type of master rest button?

I deed tried the master reset. I also deleted all the messages inbox, outbox, drafts, templates everything with no chance of sending SMS. I'll keep trying till I find out.

if I don't. I'll send it back. I really like this phone is great value but SMS is priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

Just go through your message settings slowly. Make sure something silly isn't on like "reply via same ctr"

good look

any more help???

• Advertisement
Advertisement