Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the story for NTL Download Cap

• 25-12-2004 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone knows about the NTL cap. Its supposedly 1GB a day but when i asked the guy i was signing the contract he said it didnt really matter.
    Is there a charge for going over your limit or does anybody know how to check the amount of data transfers you've used in a month?

Does anybody know whether they charge for going over your limit or not as the customer service people dont seem to know what i mean? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

AFAIK its 1GB a day, but its not strictly enforced, and ive never seen any pricing structure for going over the limit, i would say as long as your not consistently hitting 1-2GB a day then your fine, im on ntl 750 for the last year and ive never gotten any extra charges. would still be curious to be find out the price for going over the limit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Astro1996

Ive Had NTL bb since october 2001, 500->600->750k and have gone well over 1gb a day many many a time never had any charge/cap etc...yer grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Thanks Buddy I appreciate the information! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

NTL don't charge for going over the cap and they don't cut you off. Apparently they will get in touch with consistent abusers but I haven't heard anyone here saying they've received any letter. Didn't someone say on another thread that they downloaded 79GB last month?
    So basically it's not enforced, but that will change next year if the upgrade and new caps go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

kin9pin wrote:
    NTL don't charge for going over the cap and they don't cut you off. Apparently they will get in touch with consistent abusers but I haven't heard anyone here saying they've received any letter. Didn't someone say on another thread that they downloaded 79GB last month?
    So basically it's not enforced, but that will change next year if the upgrade and new caps go ahead.

damn things are going more south and south, shouldn't it be other way around, shouldn't next year caps be taken off or increased? instead they squeeze more and more :[

• Advertisement

Why dont they offer a package with an unlimited download? Download caps are annoying and can be very easy to go over expecially when your getting several large files at the same time. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

.. because bandwidth costs money. If you want a completely unlimited internet connection, you're more than welcome to buy a leased line and pay a few thousand a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

but in other countries they have unlimited packages, IMHO it's just greed and that's it.
    look at Sweden, they have 10 meg connections in villages ffs.

Well Thats Ireland for ya, always looking for new ways to rip ya off.
    Goddammit! :mad:

Advertisement