Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To all Drivers

• 25-12-2004 4:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭

The worst thing about going to college every moring in carlow is the fact that u cannot find a parking space. it usually takes at least 10 minutes to find a space. this is unacceptable. in some cases, it will cause students to be 10 or 15 minutes late for class, which in turn will cause them to skip class altogether because they do not want to be late.
    i have spoken to the student union about this but apparently, nothing will be done about this until next year at the earliest.
    in my opinion, the union, and the college, should have anticipated this, especially as it is coming into the bad weather now which will force more ppl to drive in as opposed to walking in to college in the rain.
    why must we wait until next year to have adequate parking so we can attend college on time. there is ample space that can be used without compromising the precious football fields of IT Carlow. As it stands, students are forced to park on them precious fields so they can actualkly park there car somewhere safe so they can attend class. its not a tall order, so what is the point in having a SU if they wont help the students to have easier access to the college. i would much rather more parking spaces than have that whole "lecturer/Student" barrier in the canteen taken down. im disgusted at this college and I am suprised that i have not transferrerd to Dublin already.
    All thats left now is for someone to complain about the "Campbells catering monopoly"!!! :mad:

On a side note, does anyone think they should change the ramps in the car park? i know for a fact that they have actually caused damage to a friends car causing a cupla hundred euros damage to the exhaust!

parking in this college is a shambles.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

what is the "lecturer/Student" barrier
    that whole "lecturer/Student" barrier in the canteen taken down. im disgusted at this college All thats left now is for someone to complain about the "Campbells catering monopoly"!!!

yep the food is crap 1 only get a sauage roll if iam really stuck but having to pay for the red sauce is taking the piss

as for parking have you got a strong car and a good bumper just push the other car out of the parking space :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

but having to pay for the red sauce is taking the piss

People were probably taking loads of sachets home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

remember a few years ago in the upstairs canteen, there was a section closed off to students where all the lecturers ate, well the student union campaigned to get that removed. a relatively small achievement tbh. probably explains why it was so easily removed.

PS does anyone know wat they're building over where the tennis courts used to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭My Opinion

OP, you are lucky enough to be going to college nevermind having a car.
    I suggest you think about real problems to worry about.
    Or at least ones people will give a toss about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah! there are loads of people worse off than you. never feel that you deserve ANYTHING because doubtless there are thousands otherwise without what little you have.

tit

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭My Opinion

Mordeth wrote:
    tit

nipple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭The_Goose

Dont worry b man i still love you
    Mordeth wrote:
    tit
    Ginger pube :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

What course ya doin, B man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

maybe you should go to college 10 minutes earlier to get a space.

They should get rid of those ramps for sure. They're crap.

My Opinion wrote:
    OP, you are lucky enough to be going to college nevermind having a car.

WTF?
    I thought most ppl here on the IT Carlow board went to college, some even might go to IT Carlow. what a lucky crowd we are. :rolleyes:
    u sound bitter over something. was it that u didnt get the tea set u wanted, or the malibu barbie, or was it just that nobody thought ur "The following ppl are gay" thread was funny?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

trade your car in for a camper van youll never lose your parking space again and you wont have to get up ten minutes early :D:D

did u actually see that camper van thing that does be in the car park? shockin. if i owned that, the amount of shaggin i'd be doin in it during me lunch break!! hehe excellent.

if this vans rockin, dont come knockin etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The_B_Man wrote:
    PS does anyone know wat they're building over where the tennis courts used to be?

Norman McMillan's Science Labs for that Drop Meter he and a few others designed at the college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

elvis2002 wrote:
    They should get rid of those ramps for sure. They're crap.
    If your talking about the yellow ones, they're there to ensure a one way system. Before hand, everyone was coming in arseways, and creating chaos @ certain times, seemingly.
    Dempsey wrote:
    Norman McMillan's Science Labs for that Drop Meter he and a few others designed at the college.
    Comments about lecturers removed

the_syco wrote:
    If your talking about the yellow ones, they're there to ensure a one way system. Before hand, everyone was coming in arseways, and creating chaos @ certain times, seemingly.

there has to be another way than having think metal plates attached to a spring that when u drive over them, spring up and whack the underside of your car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

that story about the lecturer/student divide in the canteen is about the only thing i have ever heard of the student union actually doing! you would almost swear they thought they knocked the berlin wall!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

who cares about lecturer/student divide? If I was working I'd want a place to sit down too, i mean working ie not a student. Lecturers still have their own tables anyways that most people dont sit on, you know where they are.

What else do the SU do? Anything? Or are they the wasters I believe they are. Playing pool all day and skipping classes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The_B_Man wrote:
    I am suprised that i have not transferrerd to Dublin already.

Yeah, good luck getting parking in Dublin...

but, in fairness, I completely agree with you.
    The parking is a disaster and those springy ramp things are just as bad.

However, I can sorta understand why it might take until next year to sort it out, I mean, how much worse would the parking situation be if there were big, yellow, Jcb's driving in around the college, tearing the place up?

It is a problem, but have some patience and in the mean time, as was suggested, try going in 10 minutes earlier to find a space?

[edit]
    Oh, and I for one am glad for the removal of the Lecturer/Student divide, malarky. When it was still around there was sometimes 20-30 seats empty when students couldnt find a seat at all.

We're all people, this isnt primary/secondary school, so I thought it was perfectly justified. As for why it was changed so quickly, was probably because it affected more people than the whole parking issue.
    [/edit]

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Just a further note to everyone out there. You are not to voice your opinions about lecturers and staff in here. If you have a problem with them go through the proper means of making a complaint.
    No arguments about this.
    did u actually see that camper van thing that does be in the car park? shockin. if i owned that, the amount of shaggin i'd be doin in it during me lunch break!! hehe excellent.

Shaggin? don't you mean ****

probably a bit of wankin but mostly shaggin hopefully. not as if i cant get some ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

My exhaust was pulled off or made a funny noise coz of those stupid bandy yellow things!

To B_Man good luck with ur camper van mission!

only.. eh 1,2 11 months to go untill finished in Carlow Woooooh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Probably put a crack in the muffler.

Im beginning to count the days till im out

kate, how much did it cost u to fix ur exhaust?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭kegan5

I think it was around €150 coz they made up some male cow feaces that they had to do XYZ to the exhaust :( anyway it's fixed now so all is well!

I'm on a hunt for work experience, drivin me mad now!

u should try get the college to pay for your damages. €150 is a lot to a student workin part time and payin rent. plus if ur payin for petrol ur funds are further depleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

if i remember correctly and i hope TomTom can back me up here, but when the yellow springy ramps were installed, a lot of ppl had damage to their cars because of them.
    And i think the college did pay some if not all damages.
    there is something the SU can check out for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Yeah, I remember that headcase, it was mostly damage to tyres. If i remember correctly, if you drive close enought to the edge of the kerb you can avoide half of your car going over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Headcase

last time i saw the ramps, most of them were damaged

looks like they're building extra spaces now anyway.
    they have some built beside the LRC but seem to have closed off the area again. dont know why coz there was cars parked in it last week. they've also started to dig up the football pitch. they better be reseedin it tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Redrocket

they are letting the new car park settle,
    and it looks as if they are levelling out the pitch, possibly even doing something to make it more water resistant, what do you call that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I always found the whole lop-sidedness of that pitch funny. It really seems to have gotten ****ed recently with everyone parking on it whilst half the car park was closed off (and with certain dickheads pulling handbrake turns and **** on the pitch).

Advertisement