Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Its snowing in Dublin

• 25-12-2004 12:10pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not much but its still snow....I wounder if anybody has a bet on for it to snow and if they do how much snow is needed for them to get paid...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I believe it's an inch of snow on the runway at Dublin airport. Might vary between bookies.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Not much chance of an inch today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

As far as i know for most if Met Eirean confirm even a few flakes fell on the runway at Dublin Airport they have to pay out.

Nice for some think you could get up to 12-1 two weeks ago on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

yeah it was snowing for a few minutes how did it know to snow today has it been snowing outside dublin in the past few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

eth0_ wrote:
    I believe it's an inch of snow on the runway at Dublin airport. Might vary between bookies.
    Where did you get this from? There's absolutely no snow lieing on the runways or on the grass at dublin airport.

There was a snow/hail shower about an hour ago, but nothing sticking. 0.4degrees and nice and sunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Snow everywhere here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the odd flake down here in the county of waterford

nothing spectacular

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

lafortezza wrote:
    Where did you get this from? There's absolutely no snow lieing on the runways or on the grass at dublin airport.

Duh, where did I say there was snow on the runway? Dub13 asked "how much snow is needed for them to get paid...?" and I answered that question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

hes talking about the purposes of the bet.

I'm also fairly sure it has to be at 12 middday, being the clever bookies they are.

Theres still some snow in the shadow in my garden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Wasn't even enough snow to make snow ball here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

pissing rain here in florida...incidently it snowed in texas for the first time in 88 years

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

AFAIK this is the first white christmas in Dublin since 1954 0_o

Although I'm not sure what specifically defines a "white christmas".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

When the white supremists completely ethnically cleanse Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

There were plenty of white christmases in Dublin in the 70s and 80s. It's not as uncommon as you'd think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CuLT wrote:
    AFAIK this is the first white christmas in Dublin since 1954 0_o

Although I'm not sure what specifically defines a "white christmas".

It's even better than that.It's the first white christmas in Dublin since 1952!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Pure white xmas in Cork. Its been snowing most of the day here. I was going to drive over to the gf house, but went outside, and its as slippery!

Huzzah for christmas ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Won't stick though :( still, was a nice little Christmas coincidence.

It snowed a tiny bit a few years ago on Christmas day didn't it? I think about 4 or 5 years ago.

May only have been "technically" hail though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Carlsberg

It snowed in the 'rock for about 10minutes earlier, it was pretty but a bit too wet..would have like, totally ruined my hair going out in it

Advertisement