Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WTF Parents!?

• 25-12-2004 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

What is it with parents... i'm seeing kids under 10 ****in years old outside on motor bikes and quad bikes.. Some aren't even wearing helmuts :eek:

What happened to gettin a normal bike for xmas, or a mega drive :D

Should parents really spend this much on kids for xmas? and if they do should they not splash out on helmets ffs!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Celtic Tiger. <sarcasm>Let's show the neighbours what we can afford. </sarcasm>;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

No, it's stupid.

I saw an 8 year old "dressed up for Christmas" in high heel boots yesterday. How weird is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

VeRy.. wierd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Did she have a nice ass? ;)

oh come on, thats sick........................ did she?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

PRE_10_DER wrote:

What happened to gettin a normal bike for xmas, or a mega drive :D

Irelands not poor anymore were all rich bastards thanks to the Boom :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

simu wrote:
    I saw an 8 year old "dressed up for Christmas" in high heel boots yesterday. How weird is that?

Why, was it a boy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

i agree with simu.. i was helping my uncle out for a few days before xmas,(shoe dept) and one little girl and her mum came in, her mum was looking for a 'long boot' for her daughter, all the boots we stocked started at size 3 which was a size bigger than the little girl, her mum got her to try the boots with insoles, the girl only looked about 7/8 and totally silly in the knee high boots... (granted they werent very high heeled)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

PRE_10_DER wrote:
    What is it with parents... i'm seeing kids under 10 ****in years old outside on motor bikes and quad bikes.. Some aren't even wearing helmuts :eek:
    Yeah.. I seen them this morning too... They were racing around in the car park at the back of my office. They go at some speed, not like those crappy electric ones you used to see around... Too bad they still look like they're made of plastic... and yes... no helmets and no regard for traffic...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

shelly04 wrote:
    i agree with simu.. i was helping my uncle out for a few days before xmas,(shoe dept) and one little girl and her mum came in, her mum was looking for a 'long boot' for her daughter, all the boots we stocked started at size 3 which was a size bigger than the little girl, her mum got her to try the boots with insoles, the girl only looked about 7/8 and totally silly in the knee high boots... (granted they werent very high heeled)

You see those are most likely the mums that, when they were 7/8 got dressed up in floursacks or hand me downs from the nuns, so now they're living out their fairy princess fantasy through their offspring.
    There's a good chance that the little girl is just as embarassed wearing what she has as what her mother was, way back when...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Do you need insurance to drive one of those kids bikes?

/me wonders have I found an alternative to the bus for getting to college :p

Was shocked when my parents bought my 12 year old sister a mobile phone for Christmas. She's been dressing like a slut since she was around 10.

Nearly all kids have a phone tho, have to laugh when parents buy the whole 'its so i can contact you' story cos credit goes on mates/boys... NEVER EVER parents. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

shelly04 wrote:
    I don't see a problem, is there something overtly sexual about knee high boots? What about wellington boots, should kids not wear those either?

my opinion is that its selfish to deny kids being kids dressing them like they were teenagers or in their twenties. for christs sake the girls leg was so small and thin, looked like you could fit both her legs in the one boot.. i mean if she wanted her kid to wear knee hi boots there was tons of shops whod have kids boots that fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭LadyPenelope

Got my eight year old bike and five year old a train set. its very difficult to get "normal" childs cloths for an eight year old girl, she is tall, but i manage, hate all those kids in "grown-up" clothes and high heels, ok for dress-up but thats all. Saw those quad bikes .. who has the money i ask..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,432 ✭✭✭ando

yea I was awoken this morning by the sound of a chainsaw engine flying around my area. I'm guessing it was a kid on one of those mini mopeds

my parents next door neighbours kid got fake nails done 4 xmas. shes 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I don't see a problem, is there something overtly sexual about knee high boots? What about wellington boots, should kids not wear those either?

They had high heels and besides any sexual connotations, they're bad for your feet!

simu wrote:
    They had high heels and besides any sexual connotations, they're bad for your feet!
    Here here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

simu wrote:
    I must be too full of turkey, didn't notice the high heel bit.

Getting back on topic, heard the whine of the engine from one of those bikes. Ten minutes later I heard the kiddie who was riding it screaming after he crashed it/fell off it.

tut tut tut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

When Mullah McDowell has his way:

MODISTY WILL BE RESTORED :D

Meh, I hate that ****, and worse thing is it all go's under the rader for the pious prick mentioned, kid's dressed as sluts is all ok so long as the adults are sent to bed by 3 am.

I cant wait to leave this country again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Not to seem prudish, but beyond the whole sillyness of ten year olds dressed as adults, it's probably a little responsible for teenage pregnancys happening in younger and younger kids...the older you look, the older you act, y'know?

i don't think that applies tp the 5-12 year olds? maybe the 14-19.. i know 19 is technically an adult.. but i've met some damn childlike 19 year olds!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Yeah, but you then get kids acting like 12 year olds at the age of 8, then 16 year olds at the age of 12.....if you see what I mean. Where I live anyway :S

where i live there are 20 year old grandparents:eek:

well,,, maybe not 20:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

30 wouldnt be a bad guess though :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

PRE_10_DER wrote:
    Some aren't even wearing helmuts
    I think this new trend of wearing a German on your head while parading around on a motorised transport is disgraceful and should be addressed by the UN OHCHR...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

dahamsta wrote:
    I think this new trend of wearing a German on your head while parading around on a motorised transport is disgraceful and should be addressed by the UN OHCHR...

*chuckle*

Advertisement