Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio airwave mp3 player overrider thingy?

Options
  • 25-12-2004 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Alright lads! I got an mp3 player for christmas and i wanna hook it up to my car!

Ive heard a few people talking about a lil device that lets you override radio signals within 10 feet of a radio so you can play your cd/minidisk/mp3 player on the radio with no strings attached. Does anyone know what this is or where i can get my hands on one of em?

Cheers lads! (and ladies ¬_¬)

reD.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

what mp3 player you got?as far as i know its only ipods you can do this with
    get yourself an iTrip which enables you to lsiten to your mp3's thru any radio.
    I dont knock if any other mp3 players has em yet tho

ps : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2219592#post2219592

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

http://store.flyawaysimulation.com/buy-Belkin-TuneCast-II-Mobile-FM-Transmitter-F8V3080-B0001F22PA.html

found one! :D

Theres a few different companies that make em, this is just an example of one of em! Im lookin for one with as little parts to it as possible - this one needs an aerial or something im not sure, but i dont want to have to open my radio up :S

Nice one garth! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

You can get them for any audio source, they are just a very low powered FM transmitter.

Unless you get one that is hard wired into your car stereo aerial input they will not override regular radio signals, they will have to be tuned to an unused frequency which can be a pain in areas with lots of different radio stations.

All in all I would say a line-in connection to the car stereo is the best way to go, much better sound quality and once it is installed there is no arsing about trying to find empty frequencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I got an Iriver H320 but my cd player in the car has no line in connection for it, anyway of gettin one put in or do i just have to buy a cd player that has a line in built into it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I got a Belkin one but found that it was grossly underpowered, had to sit it right next to the deck to get anything. May be because I don't have a full external antennae in the car, but I doubt it.

Also FYI, strictly speaking these are illegal in Ireland.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

draffodx wrote:
    I got an Iriver H320 but my cd player in the car has no line in connection for it, anyway of gettin one put in or do i just have to buy a cd player that has a line in built into it?
    Look for an fm transmitter for your iRiver,if you cant find one of them then you need a cd player with a line in

Advertisement