Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What ya get?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Agent Smith? Whats up with you? why didn't you reply to the PM's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

Shrimp wrote:
    ;););)

Yeah.. Days almost out! What you do for the day? :rolleyes:
    didnt get up till late..ripped open pressies, snow fight with dave stuffed myself went back to bed and now im up again going out later! you? shrimp? you get no pressies?

Yeah same, I didn't get up till late. Didn't rip open pressies :( dont celebrate christmas :( didn't have a snow fight :( and didn't stuff myslef :( I just lay around the house all day bored of my face :(

I think we should continue this conversation in PM's.. ok? do you know what they are seein as your kinda new here? :p;)

I amn't really depressed btw :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

I got some clothes and a I.O.U. for a month's worth of singing lessons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

Shrimp wrote:
    Yeah same, I didn't get up till late. Didn't rip open pressies :( dont celebrate christmas :( didn't have a snow fight :( and didn't stuff myslef :( I just lay around the house all day bored of my face :(

I think we should continue this conversation in PM's.. ok? do you know what they are seein as your kinda new here? :p;)

I amn't really depressed btw :D:D:D
    yeah k

Thats cool.... singing lessons ehh! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

why must you reply after every post?

Well, Seeing as i put up this thread and I asked the question. I would like to show the ppl that I appriciate there respose.. that is why I am replying after you post.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

200gig hard drive, thirty or so books, a mary coughlan double cd, lots and lots of clothes, new boots, perfume and beauty stuff, jewellery, chocolate, and some bling fans and cathodes for my pc, as well as a perspex sheet for when I get around to jigsawing it. And the usual generic vouchers. Oh, and a new nipple ring from my boyfriend. Not a bad haul I must say. Living with parents pays off.
    Shrimp wrote:
    Well, Seeing as i put up this thread and I asked the question. I would like to show the ppl that I appriciate there respose.. that is why I am replying after you post..

Someone else would have asked if you hadn't got there first. Oh. And learn to spell. And use capitals correctly. And how to construct a sentence.

• Advertisement

And not double post accidently. Damn.

edibility wrote:
    . And use capitals correctly. And how to construct a sentence.

I'll let you figure that out for yourself.

I do believe you were refering to my constant use of the word "and" at the start of sentences, which was there to emphasise my point. Back on topic....anyone order anything of caseking.de? I ordered pressies for other people from there and they haven't arrived....

edibility wrote:
    [No verb][Scentence far too long]200gig hard drive, thirty or so books, a mary coughlan double cd, lots and lots of clothes, new boots, perfume and beauty stuff, jewellery, chocolate, and some bling fans and cathodes for my pc, as well as a perspex sheet for when I get around to jigsawing it[Scentence far too long] . And the usual generic vouchers. Oh, and a new nipple ring from my boyfriend. Not a bad haul I must say. Living with parents pays off.

Someone else would have asked if you hadn't got there first. Oh. And learn to spell. And use capitals correctly. And how to construct a sentence.

Red = Grammer Error

Green = Need to be re-phrased

Need I say more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

20gig iPod, Fender Acoustic and a leather jacket. A few other small things like socks and that. Was a nice haul :)

Thats a Great haul.. good job :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Shrimp wrote:
    Red = Grammer Error

Green = Need to be re-phrased

Need I say more...
    Are you actually serious?

Yeah.. sure why not.. if you say so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Shrimp wrote:
    Yeah.. sure why not.. if you say so!

You spelled "sentence" and "grammar" wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

*sniggers*

Um..I got a hi-fi, clothes, books, vouchers, credit, calendar, heart shaped box with choclate and jewellery ^__^, scarf, more jewellery and that's pretty much it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Zakalwe

My parents bought me a nice shirt, a pair of jeans, a pair of black trousers and a really lovely soft cotton waxed jacket. I wasn't expecting that as I just asked for a shirt or two :)

My sister got me a few more shirts and two books on Irish history ( Ireland in the Twentieth Century and Green against Green: The Irish Civil War ). I told her that one of them should get me a book on Irish history over the last 100 years. I wasn't expecting 2 and more!

I bought myself the Band of Brothers DVD boxset.

All in all a great Christmas present wise. Everything else has been great. An enjoyable dinner with the family, relaxing around the TV afterwards. Ahhhh good times.

Now it's off to a friend's house where we all meet up every year to drink and play jenga until the early morn.

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote:

:D *hugs Giblet*

*group hug*

Ugh....cooties. On topic: wheeeeeeee! Just got money from my godmother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Cash total so far : €310
    DVD's : Band of Brothers boxset. CSI Series 2. Peter Kay
    Books: The Da Vinci Code
    Tickets: Pat Shortt in March
    Body Shop Saving Solution (now I have a reason to do a wet shave)

Lol.. cooties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

LOTR extended edition trilogy, Office christmas special and a CD player alarm clock cos my Ma's sick of my not waking up in the mornings....

Oh and my sister got me a "Mr. T in your pocket"... a little keyring with 8 quotes from Mr. T on it :D
    Giblet wrote:
    Spelt (sorry Giblet)
    Shrimp wrote:
    Lol.. cooties!
    ffs...

SteveD wrote:
    cos

*because (sorry SteveD)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

SteveD wrote:

Spelt (sorry Giblet)

Both are correct.

I was just being pedantic tbh Giblet ;)

But yeh I think you're right

/me curls up in a ball and hides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PRE_10_DER

me just got some money and the odd piece of clothing. it's all nice but i wish i was a kid again so i could really enjoy xmas properly:) i feel old.. and i'm only 21!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭Thordon

6600GT, getting 80fps in CS:S at full graphics, oh yeah! :), Also bunch of games, usual smellys etc

What you do for the day PRE_10_ORDER?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Neuro

There's nothing like a little infantile bickering to heighten the festive spirit!

For Christmas my sister bought me a copy of This Diary Will Change Your Life 2005. It's a hilarious little book with a nihilistic "life changing" task to perform every day of the year; it really complements my cynical world view. Check out their website www.thiswebsitewillchangeyourlife.com which has some unusual little toys like the World Mood Chart.

My mum got me a copy of The Onion - Ad Nauseum Volume 15. It's a collection of articles that have appeared on the www.theonion.com website. I also received a Donnie Darko DVD.

I really wanted a Bladerunner Indoor RC helicopter, but no store out here in the Wild West seems to stock them. However, my sister has agreed to buy me one when she returns to Civilised East in the new year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Wertz wrote:
    I got the gift of life for another year, and health to enjoy it with.
    Meaning you got nothing from Santa then! :p
    I got a 100Gb Laptop HDD, and cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

PRE_10_DER wrote:
    me just got some money and the odd piece of clothing. it's all nice but i wish i was a kid again so i could really enjoy xmas properly:) i feel old.. and i'm only 21!!!

Same here, except i'm 22.

By the way, who invited the grammar nazis?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eefs

All the usual crap - pyjamas, socks, underwear, make up, perfume, TWO selection boxes, etc etc.

But the best is....a suitcase with wheeeeeels! How spanky will I be in Dublin airport in February when I *sniff*....leave home. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Peteee wrote:
    New mobile (Sony Ericsson t630)
    Snap!

Killinascully DVD, class!
    Passion of the Christ DVD.
    Megadeth Album "Youthanasia" - Thanks OLDYELLAR!!
    Hugo Boss Aftershave.
    Liquorice Allsorts Scented Socks - Weird!
    Two Dan Brown Books, "Angels and Demons" and the name of the other one escapes me.
    "Alice in Wonderland / Through the Looking Glass" Book.
    Adidas Shower Gel / Deodorant Set. :rolleyes:

There is more, small stuff too.

I'm happy
    :D:D

/edit : Jaysus, I forgot the Selection Box

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭dazberry

A collection of M&S Harvard smellies. Happened the get the aftershave balm last year and said I liked it and this year a get practically the whole set from 2 different people. Lucky I do actually like it :)

A nice little Hitachi CD/Tape/Radio to replace my dying 10+ yr old Sanyo

Alarm Clock that shines the time on the ceiling!

A Shower Radio - can't even go for a p1ss without turning it (the radio ppl) on.

A cardigan - you get cardigans at my age :)

A selection box, a circular key ring with a retractable chain, more aftershave balm, 200 b&h Smooth Gold (i.e. fresh air) and 24 cans of Fosters :)

No socks or boxers - horrah!

D.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Digi Camera from santa

A mini fridge from Nana

And perfume from verious aunts.

It was a lovely day!

Hope you all had fun as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I got pjs, teddy bear, leinster rugby jersey, gorgeous handbag, ps2 game, selection box, cool slippers, whatever was in my stocking followed by 18 birthday presents, one for every year! And that was all from my parents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

A pair of shoes and clothes that I picked out when I went shopping with my mom last time I was home......no surprises, but I know I will like them all and they all fit. :)
    What is "Mr. T in your pocket"... that a couple of people have mentioned?

it's a little keyring that plays mr. T phrases when you press buttons.

Mr. T in your pocket is just like a mini Mr. T figure, which has about 8 diff. phrases on it.. pretty simple lil toy! :);)

it's not it's a little speaker box

is it? oh ok.. sorry about that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

Digital camera from santa
    Wine from friends
    Runners and new wallet from kids.
    All in all I'm content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

got some brill topaz stone earrings off my boyf... :D
    some bath stuff
    a handbag
    some socks (!!)

lol.. socks.. who doesn;t get them! :)

I donno why ppl always like gettin ppl socks.. prolly cos even if they hate them.. nobody's gonna see them! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

well these socks werent too bad. they were joke socks. 'cute chick' was written on them under a pic of a chick! hahaha :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement