Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damaged PS2 Game CD.

Options
  • 25-12-2004 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Are you sure it's terminally damaged? You'd be surprised how well disc cleaners can work.

Otherwise contact the publisher, as above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

They have devices in shop diskDR ETC to repair disk,try video or cd cleaning fluid put on disk wipe round gently WITH a SOFT CLOTH, get cdcleaning kit 2euro in pound shop, no harm in trying, u can hardly make it worse, i got new game in smyths , i have to clean it to get on to level 3 and level 5,i use cd cleaning fluid,make sure DISK IS DRY BE4 U put it back in to ps2, leave disk 4 five minutes to dry,otherwise u could short out ps2 pcb, or gently wipe it dry,get fluid over rear,shiny surface of ps2disk.BE CAREFUL.or u cud try get poundshop lenscleaning kit, 3euro, to clean lens of ps2 ,follow instructions BE VERY CAREFUL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

try toothpaste. wipe it on, then clean it off. coat the cd with brass polish, then clean off. then try the cd in the ps2. be careful. and your disc will smell lovely. i fixed vice city via this method, and countless old ps1 games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

merc wrote:
    Damn the sticky stuff that stuck to it!!
    Wow, you must really like that game ;)

what brand brass polish do u use ,this is not a joke ,just theres a few old games i wanna try be4 i throw em out.

If u ask nicely in gamestop they might clean it 4 you, buy a game 1st get on there good side ,i think some shops have diskcleaning machines see lapels in game on games cleaned tested etc on returned games.no harm in trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I second the toothpaste thing.

Advertisement