Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Choices MAN!

• 13-02-2001 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Did anyone see this site www.coolchoices.ie it is the governments attempt to try and get under age drinkers to not drink its a JOKE and the options you have rather than drinking is Collecting call cards or fly fishing hahaha I seen it on the news and couldn't believe it!!

The little scenarios they have of Nuala drinking to much and dancing on a car and getting arrested or when she has a drink and falls over while doing the river dance hahahaha so funny that it could be a **** take.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Take it:
    Did anyone see this site www.coolchoices.ie it is the governments attempt to try and get under age drinkers to not drink its a JOKE and the options you have rather than drinking is Collecting call cards or fly fishing hahaha I seen it on the news and couldn't believe it!!

The little scenarios they have of Nuala drinking to much and dancing on a car and getting arrested or when she has a drink and falls over while doing the river dance hahahaha so funny that it could be a **** take.
    </font>

Hahahahahha, omg that site's the best laugh I've had in a while smile.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

seems like an alright site
    good mix of colours and flash,
    the links to paintballing sites is good to see what pics of the place is like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

with a title like that you know it has to be bad. I mean how ****ed up would you have to be to think that that would be a good title? rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

It worked on me anyway...after reading that site...i made an informed descision never to drink...and i never have...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SheroN:
    It worked on me anyway...after reading that site...i made an informed descision never to drink...and i never have...</font>

Water doesn't count though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

well you cant blame the govt. for trying smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think that site is more likely to drive someone to drink smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The government needs to stop letting 50 year old women who wear too much black and keep their hair in a bun design campaigns aimed at teenagers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Hecate:
    well you cant blame the govt. for trying smile.gif</font>

We can't?... awww... darn wink.gif

Well... they could try harder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

That site will work wonderfully for pre-teens because they have a black and white sence of morality and accept what you tell them. But you're never gonna stop an Irish sixteen year old from wanting to drink. All sixteen year olds want to be adults and they see pub culture as part of adulthood (which it is). If you want to stop teen drinking its best done through better enforcement of the existing law. The Gaurds know which pubs/offies serve teenagers all they have to do is catch them (easily done) and take their license (easily done). With licences currently worth c.£1,000,000 it won't be long before it stops being profitable to serve underage drinkers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Thats an unbelieveably poor attempt, bad form by the Govt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Well look at me, i dont mind the occasional drink, but ive never been ****ed out of my mind like most of my friends, and i do not feel the urge to. I drink occasionaly, and the most i get is tipsy, am i weird or unusual?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    I drink occasionaly, and the most i get is tipsy, am i weird or unusual?</font>

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I'm both weird and unusual i can fit my mouth around the top of a pint glass.
    need more proof?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteLancer:
    I drink occasionaly, and the most i get is tipsy, am i weird or unusual?</font>

No.
    I drink fairly often but always moderately. Drunkeness is just an excuse to block crap things in your life out, methinks. (Uh-oh, here comes the Neuro bashing troop.)

biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Drunkeness is just an excuse to block crap things in your life out, methinks.</font>

For some people, maybe. I've never felt the urge to "drown my sorrows" over anything; I only ever drink a lot when I'm happy over something or generally enjoying myself. It wouldn't be true to say that I only drink in moderation; although this is the case MOST of the time, I don't deny myself the occasional bout of getting utterly smashed, albeit that I might not feel so good the next morning... smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Can I ask a general question though...why the hell *do* you get drunk? If people reply with "It's fun" - that is not going to satisfy me. I am just curious why, if it is not to forget about things...then why? I can't see any real attraction otherwise.

Simple answer: "I don't know, I just do. It's fun".

More complex answer:

Uuh, I haven't really thought about this that much. I try not to over-analyse the basic concepts of fun! However... Essentially, we live in a society which imposes a lot of restrictions, taboos and so on upon our behaviour. Alcohol removes many of the inhibitions imposed by society, and perhaps more importantly, allows us to act as though they have been removed. In cultures where they are less inhibited, drinking is a less important element of society.

That said, there are a myriad other reasons, and buried in there somewhere are ones like "I genuinely like the taste of Guinness and of decent whiskey" (I do) and "It makes for a good, light headed type of feeling" (It does - alcohol is a mood altering recreational drug).

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Casiel

......ohh drinking is it........
    ah sure it's just something to do whilst I'm smokin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

well said shinji.

I also have never felt the urge to drown my sorrows, in fact if theres one thing I don't do when I get depressed or annoyed over anything its drink, because I know it's a depressant and I've seen friends, get all moody cos they drank when they were already feeling down.

Like the man said I also drink simply to remove the inhibitions I place upon myself, and then only when I am going out to have a great time, but other than a night out on the **** I don't drink at all, nothing to do with not liking drink (which i do), and more to do with liking sobriety 99% of the time.

I know this is a crappy ending bu

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement