Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of changing my car - What's mine worth (Audi A4)

Options
  • 25-12-2004 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of upgrading early in the new year. I'm currently driving an Audi A4 1.9 Tdi ('00, all elecs, elec sunroof, alloys, 97K miles). So my question is whats she worth?

I'm thinking of buying the same again but a '01 or even a '02. Any comments on the upgrade? When would I expect the '01 prices to come down now it's (nearly) '05?

Thanks in advance and a merry Xmas to everyone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

why do u want to upgrade a car to a year earlier? sure that makes no sense unless there was a newer model? or ur one is knackered. :cool:
    it probably say shes worth 12-14grand. u can buy a nice eclass of the same vintage for 22 so mayb your better of doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Lomb read again. I'm going from a 2000 to a 2001/2

exactly, not alot of difference really 1 or 2 yrs new model between dec 00 and later however no point really unless ur car has problems. as i say shes probably worth 12-14 grand.

the problem with buying 60000milers is most are at the point they need brake disks, timing belts, batterys, water pumps, clutches, and tyres ur better of just doing this to ur own one and looking after it than buying someone elses problems. good luck with it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Approx €10k

• Advertisement

how ud figure on that mojo? it is a diesel so they go for a bit more id say 11-111/2 probably. but the resale market for used motors isnt any good at all is it. so mayb 10 for quick sale?
    if u check out the FS section this guys selling a a6 quattro 1.8turbo with dual climate control and proper service history new clutch / tyres etc for just 16000 grand. makes u wonder really what point is in buying new. the equivelent car today is 61000.

Advertisement