Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfering Courses

Options
  • 25-12-2004 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Just wondering how easy it is to transfer courses. Im in 1st civil eng at the moment and im going to talk to someone about transfering to chemical eng when I get back.

Is there some deadline before Xmas that I missed and so might I have to wait till 2nd year to transfer?

Intel :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Invader Zim

I don't know how intra UCD transfers work, but (if you are forced to wait 'till next year) from a fees point of view the goverment will take into account the fact that you dropped out before the second term and you will have less to pay.

My advice is to talk to Admin ASAP.

Also - from experience, do not do a course you don't like.
    It's not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I'm 4th year eng at the moment - back when I was in 1st year about 5 people transferred out of my class and into mech/civil after the 1st year. There was no problem about it then, though I'm not sure what the story is these days. If it happens that you have missed a deadline I'd advise making an appointment with the chem head of department and talking to him about it to see what he can do. I'd say you'll be okay though :cool:

Advertisement