Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Careful what you email...

• 22-02-2001 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

You may have heard the story of Claire Swire, an unfortunate young lady working in a city law firm in the UK. She emailed two jokes to office colleagues, including her boyfriend. These were followed up with a message just to her boyfriend which contained... well... fairly explicit comments to say the least...

He decided then to forward this on to six of his friends with the note "Now thats a nice compliment from a lass, isn't it?"... one of the six recipients forwarded the message on further and it quickly found it's way into other law firms. A week later, over TEN MILLION people are thought to have read the message including users from as far afield as Japan.

As well as circulating by email, the subject became the topic of many a newsgroup and mailing list discussion. Even technology, writing and marketing lists all carried messages with the subject: "Who is Claire Swire?" - it just goes to show - you never know who's going to end up reading your emails!!!

Oh ... and if you really want to see, for yourself:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Claire+Swire&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&site=groups

_____
    Bard

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

****ing hell that's embarassing. I try never to put anything remotly embarassing in emails just because they get forwarded to death. About two years ago there I zipped a small game and emailed it to my brother. He emailed it to some people in his company who evidently mailed it to more people, etc. I eventually got it sent to my college account a year later. The amount of addresses on the list was amazing. Especially all the extensions .to, .edu, .nl, .co.uk, .ie, .com, .net, .org, and loads more I can't remember. At the bottom of it all was my comment "Get back to work ya lazy *******" redface.gif

What I'd like to know is what ******* in a .org is spending all day playing games smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

She resigned before she got sacked!!! wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

its not that bad, id love a girl like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*grin*

... and now PlayboyTV want her wink.gif

Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted. -Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I actually got that email while in ebeon - sent it to as many people who I had address for. It's the stuff of legends!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

things like that get you sacked from your job

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement