Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the O2 Network down for SMS??

Options
  • 25-12-2004 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else unable to send and recieve sms with O2 for the past hour or so, Clare area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Trying to send webtext from o2.ie and getting the following error message.

'Send up to 250 Text Messages per month free of charge! You have -1 free messages remaining this month.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

same thing here, and my contacts are all gone too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

it most probably has something to do with the vast number of new people trying to register their phones on the networks. christmas day and all that.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

that would make sence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

i registered my ladyfriends new mobile on it a few hours ago and had no problems,is it just the webtext part of the site thats affected?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

What I dont understand is why O2 (for example) are not prepared for things like this. Its the same with new years - just try send a text at 12 on new years night! I mean we all accept that no service is 100% reliable, they all fail now and again, but they really cant use the "Its Christmas/New Years" excuse, its been like this for god knows long! Can they not upgrade their servers or whatever coming up to Christmas to prepare for it?

Rant over. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭My Opinion

kazzer wrote:
    What I dont understand is why O2 (for example) are not prepared for things like this. Its the same with new years - just try send a text at 12 on new years night! I mean we all accept that no service is 100% reliable, they all fail now and again, but they really cant use the "Its Christmas/New Years" excuse, its been like this for god knows long! Can they not upgrade their servers or whatever coming up to Christmas to prepare for it?

Rant over. :)

Oh dear. Well just think about it.
    If you could spend X on your mobile phone network to make it available 98 % of the time or spend 2*X to make sure everyone could get their stupid new years eve messages which would you pick. Its purly a network congestion thing. Its like complaining about traffic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Its like complaining about traffic

Yeah that would be weird, who would do a thing like that, eh? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Hi all,

Anyone else, using O2, getting their SMS messages (Receiving) delayed just now?

Just like to know im not alone...lol

Netbeatz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

i just got 2 sms that were sent from the states 3 days ago :(

o2 sux big time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'd also like to add that 02 sux big time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Anyone else notice a massive slowdown in your network so far over xmas? (SMS / MMS / WAP)

I am using O2...and its slow as tar..

Netz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

o2 is bogged down? is dat why my meteor phone wont send MMS to o2?
    u dont by any chance happen to know if vodafone australia is bogged down aswell? ;)
    just me sis is over there and i get "4501: Corrupt recipient list" on me Sagem MYX5-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement