Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with U2 iPod 20GB Brand New!

Options
  • 25-12-2004 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Got a U2 iPod 4 Xmas but after 2 hours of use i cud barely hear my music. Also some songs sound like electrical noise crossed with a squealing pig. I had played said songs already and they sounded ok. Anyone have same/similar experience or any tips?

indexfrontbackse10262004.jpg

Totally Fcuked

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I think there's a way of updating the sofware on your iPod.. plug it in and try and mess around with the setting and stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Check the bitrate of your MP3 files.
    Try different headphones (ipod ones are ****e to begin with).
    Also iPods are known to have lose/dodgy headphone connectors, check that aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Also iPods are known to have lose/dodgy headphone connectors, check that aswell.
    Forget abt the supposed (lack of) quality of the supplied headphones(i think they're fine) change them asap because you might as well have a giant neon sign over your head saying "hey i got an ipod here if you want to mug me!!!" :D
    What happens if you get that U2 ipod but run into problems and have to format it?! Do you have a backup of the U2 tracks?!?! not that i'd want them or anything it's jst that if thats the selling point of it and you have to format it what then!?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭(insert name)

Shrimp wrote:
    I think there's a way of updating the sofware on your iPod.. plug it in and try and mess around with the setting and stuff..

Note the words BRAND NEW in thread title meaning i have the latest software

forgot to say in 1st post but i tried using other (reliable) headphones and my music is (nearly) all 128kbps MP3 or 128Kbps AAC

thanks anyways for the help (except for Shrimp... only kidding)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

no but seriously.. sometimes when you by somthing .. even brand new.. It still has to be confiured to suit your pc!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Same iPod as you, some of the songs sound weird but it doesnt bother me to much!

Btw, did you get music with ur iPod? I didnt...

- Sully

Didn't get the U2 music but i got a £40 voucher for itunes off the complete u2 (in virgin in liffey valley they said it was £50/E75 off everything...) Hope this helps.

even though i tried different headphones it was still ©rap but if i jiggle the connector a little sum times i can hear. Stll not exactly fit for listening "on the go" as apple say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Aye. Do that.

Sounds like you've a faulty headphone socket.

Btw, good luck with Apple Support on the phone...

• Advertisement

Was planning on going to lffey valley 2morrow to change it in virgin (if they still have 'em) and spend the day shopping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Was mucking around with two of these for the nieces. Had to use an old PC which has USB 1.1 and had to reset the iPod's back to the factory settings so that itunes would see them. I encoded stuff to MP3 at 160kps and it sounded fine. Every time it connected it asked to update the firmware, but this stopped it working with the USB 1.1. (at least that was my thinking) so I just ignored the message.

(insert name) If I was you I try difference encoding, test it, then reset the iPod. Test it. Then update the iPod. Test it. If you are sill havitng a problem return it! The earphones while not amazing seemed ok to my ears, but maybe yours are faulty. Try a different pair.

Everyone seems to have got these for Xmas. They were sold out every in Ireland it seems. Might take a few days for them to come back into stock.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id say its a dodgy iPod. I dont think its his Mp3's to be honest.

That voucher - I got it to but its in dollars. Can it only be used over iTunes?

Also, in iTunes, its a bit stupid that they offer a free song each week even though you still have to give Credit Card Details. Stupid if you ask me.

- Sully

Changed it 2day. new 1 works a treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Glad you got it sorted. :)

Advertisement