Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ross Noble

• 25-12-2004 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

I bought my Da the new Ross Noble DVD for Christmas and we watched it this morning.

The guy is hilarious.

Does anyone know if the stuff he's doing is REALLY improvised?

If it is he's a brilliant comedian and I'd reccomend watching the DVD to everyone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭My Opinion

[Pity Reply]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

What's with the sudden influx of muppets?

Must be the season that's in it... reckins admins will be nice and not ban them cos it's Christmas or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭My Opinion

SteveD wrote:
    What's with the sudden influx of muppets?

Must be the season that's in it... reckins admins will be nice and not ban them cos it's Christmas or something

Don't take it personal dude ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If hes the guy I think he is hes ****ing hilarious. Only seen him once on that Jack Dee comedian thingy where he has a new one each week.... Does he do some joke about meat on the sides of his head or something ? Is he a hippyish type with flairs etc ? With a kind of random obscure style of humour ?

Yeh he's got the long hair and wears flares.

If I'm right he probably doesn't do the same material all the time so I'm not sure about the meat joke.

Most of the material he did on the DVD was improvised cos he got people to shout stuff up at him from the audience.

Here's his website anyway:
    http://www.rossnoble.co.uk/index_main.html

• Advertisement

SteveD wrote:
    Yeh he's got the long hair and wears flares.

If I'm right he probably doesn't do the same material all the time so I'm not sure about the meat joke.

Most of the material he did on the DVD was improvised cos he got people to shout stuff up at him from the audience.

Here's his website anyway:
    http://www.rossnoble.co.uk/index_main.html

Thats him all right - how much was the dvd ?

€19.99 in Tower in Dublin. Well worth it! The show is over an hour and a half and there's a second DVD I haven't even looked at yet.

I'd recommend having a look.

SteveD wrote:
    €19.99 in Tower in Dublin. Well worth it! The show is over an hour and a half and there's a second DVD I haven't even looked at yet.

I'd recommend having a look.

Its 25euro on play and cdwow :) Almost ordered it ! I shall get to tower asap.

Tusky wrote:
    Its 25 off euro on play and cdwow :) Almost ordered it ! I shall get to tower asap.
    I just saw the special features listed on cdwow.

There's a trivia quiz that if you get right you get 10 minutes extra footage.

I don't really get the idea of an Audio Commentary though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I saw one of his shows on late night television and it was freakin' brilliant. He finished with an impression of Stephen Hawking using a monkey to teach physics and it was possibly the funniest stand-up comedy I've seen.

I'll be getting my hands on that DVD!

Thanks for the tip. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Noble's an arrogant arsehole with the comedic talent of a wall, and his fans have the brainpower of a mentally challenged goat.

There, I've said it.

adam

I saw one of his shows on late night television and it was freakin' brilliant. He finished with an impression of Stephen Hawking using a monkey to teach physics and it was possibly the funniest stand-up comedy I've seen.

I'll be getting my hands on that DVD!

Thanks for the tip. :D
    Yeh that sketch is on the DVD. It was pure genius

Advertisement