Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good set o headphones

Options
  • 26-12-2004 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Some chap came down my chimney today and emptied his sack all over my living room the result was ..................... a new mp3 player.

Why what were u thinking?

The headphones that comne with it are sh*te, so I want to get a really good pair of in-ear headphones or maybe neckband headphones. i like my music a bit load and bassy but not to be swamped in bass and sound ****e. Any ideas on a really good pair of headphones. i'm prepared to spend a fair bit if u wondering about budget! Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

Don't buy in-ear ones then.... I've never heard a good pair of in-ear headphones.... EVER.... Neckband ones are sometimes good, but if you want good sound go for Can style headphones.

Look for a high SPL, Wide Frequency Range, Depending on your battery life a lowish impedance ( up to ... say... 30 ohms... I dunno I have a 30 ohm set for my MD and they are cool ) since you will be using them on your mp3 player and a high Impedance would a) be quieter than lower ones b) use more battery if you want them higher. eh....

If you are gonna be doing a lot of public listening ( on the bus, walking down the street ) then maybe closed ear phones are better as they trap more of the sound/better isolation etc. so you won't sound as if your music is blaring. Open ones will sound a little bit better because they have space to resonate, but there will be sound leakage.

And often underrated... if you can try them on do!! Everyones heads are different shapes, so be sure that you are comfortable wearing them. No poin thaving some brilliant sounding headphones if you cannot bare wearing them cause a bit of them sticks into your head or ear etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I broke my Ipod ear phones so I bought these

Sony MDR-EX81SL Clip-on Earphone (White Color)
    Price: US$55.00

from here

http://www.warehouse123.com/ProductInfo.php?pid=SONMDREX81SL-WHT

They have got very good reviews and I am happy.

Shipping was only $11.74 and they arrived in a week. Plus I escaped customs :D

They have a selection of other head and ear phones cheaper than anywhere I could find them in Europe.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Get yourself a pair of Shure E2c ear-canal headphones. They take a bit of getting used to, but are the best in-ear headphones money can buy (unless you want to spend €500 on the E5c model).
    I was amazed how superior they were to my Sennheiser's (MX500).

Got mine on Ebay for around €70.00, and I have seen them on Amazon too.
    http://www.shure.com/earphones/eseries_e2c.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

speaking of headphones.. is it possible to get a pair that plugs into ONE device, but lets TWO people listen? .. can come in handy when watching movies on trains with a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

DMC wrote:

perfect, even better! didn't realise they existed, cheers.

Advertisement