Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What toys did santa leave for you??

Options
  • 26-12-2004 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭

I had a fairly good haul this year, i got outrun 2 and fable on the xbox, and moh: pa on the pc. Fable is cool, but i dont like the way they rush you through the opening childhood stages, it really feel like theyre pushing you into the adult part, aside from that, it seem class.
    Outrun 2 is excellent, i got the original outrun on the atari st for christmas in 92, now this year i have outrun 2 and its just as fun, all arcade powerslides and ferraris, a class act all the way. Havent installed moh: pa yet as i was too busy drinking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I did very well - my sister got me Donkey Konga while my brother got me Paper Mario 2, and an Xbox for himself which means link-up in the house now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I did very well - my sister got me Donkey Konga while my brother got me Paper Mario 2, and an Xbox for himself which means link-up in the house now.

grrr I want both those games..
    And what did I get? World Championship Rugby for PC! Oh well at least I got a little bit of money for the sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i bought myself kingdomhearts on the ps2. played the first five minutes when i was wasted and didn't have a ****ing clue what was going on. ah well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

got myself Pikmin 2, which is excellent, Donkey Konga, which is great fun Star Ocean 3, which I haven't started playing, PSi-Ops, which I tried to play but relatives keep annoying me when I try and Paper Mario 2 is coming from play.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

*sobs* no games for me this year! :(

I did get vouchers, so I'll have to go shopping!! Just don't know what to get!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

got outrun just before christmas its great you played it on live ?!? santa left me san andreas and a new pstwo which i wasnt expecting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

A Gamecube
    Metroid Prime 2
    Mario Kart Double Dash
    Sonic DX. Adventure.
    Next in line is the PS2 sometime in the new year to complete the grand slam Xbox, GC, PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i bought myself all the toys this year but a ds is on it's way from santa, he forgot it. ;)

i bought resi 3 and 0 on cube. evil dead, psi ops on xbox and my girlfirend got me the extended lotr trilogy and nirvana box set and battle royale. :D clothes too. im happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Espresso Machine, Multi-Region DVD Player, Every Episode of Friends, Every Episode of Little Britain and the standard stocking fillers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i bought myself all the toys this year but a ds is on it's way from santa, he forgot it. ;)

i bought resi 3 and 0 on cube. evil dead, psi ops on xbox and my girlfirend got me the extended lotr trilogy and nirvana box set and battle royale. :D clothes too. im happy
    Yeah i got that box set too, ood stuff, the DVD is class :D
    Kristok wrote:
    got outrun just before christmas its great you played it on live ?!? santa left me san andreas and a new pstwo which i wasnt expecting.
    Nah havent played it on live, i dont have a live account and tbh im not really pushed about getting one, great game all the same tho.

heh ive just been playing fable for the last few hours, i was wooing some young maiden but she squealed on me for stealing something, so im going to marry her and then beat her to death
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

you sir are a smooth mother f*cker. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Games-wise, just Paper Mario 2. I also got cold hard cash (straight into the DS fund!) and Princess Mononoke on DVD (Go Amazon, it delivered on Christmas Eve!). Might pick up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance when I go back to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I wasnt really mad about FFTA, i dunno, it just didnt grab me at all :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

a ds with chokkan hitofude, wario ware and mario 64 ds, donkey konga and the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Paper Mario 2 for the gamecube and Mario Vs. Donkey Kong for the GBA :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Paper mario 2 and Tales of Symphonia, just started playin PM2, its pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Got a PS2 Slim Line, FFX-2, Agent Under Fire, ICO. I'll get myself a GC soon when the price goes down and i can finally play Zelda on the gc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Might pick up Final Fantasy Tactics Advance when I go back to work.

Don't bother unless you really want a Strategy RPG game and have played all the good ones on the GBA already. Shining Force and Fire Emblem are far superior games.

Pikmin 2 is brilliant. Can't stop playing it which is a bad thing because i'm going to beat it really quickly. Still there are the co-op misiions that I can play with my brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TimAnne

Retr0gamer wrote:
    got myself Pikmin 2, which is excellent
    got that along with pop:ww and the ultimate matrix boxset deelio myself, but i haven't had a chance to check any of them out yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

seem as ds was completely sold out in NY and i was devastated my lovely gf bought me one for chrimbo with 2 games as for santa he left me zelda the minish cap what a lovely bloke
    Brock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Pikmin 2; Havent had a chance to give it a shot yet but if its as good as the amazing first pikmin then I'll be very very happy. Also F zero GX; very fast and er.. confusing but not as comfusing as warioware which I tried at a friends last night. Was playing drunk and stoned and had some very strange dreams last night; "lick lick, squirt, squirt, cucumber". good (baffling) fun. also a big pile of books and a couple of DVDs.

Good haul all in all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Half Life 2 and Paper Mario 2. Also got a few cheap and cheerful ones from EBay - Headhunter Redempetion and Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes. Don't know why I got the later, I thought Sons of Liberty was one of the worst games I ever played. I'm hoping for a bit more from the original (fingers crossed).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

GBA SP with F-Zero GP and Tiger Woods 04.
    Zelda WW, F-Zero GX and Donkey Konga.

Where can you get a second set of bongos? Everywhere seemed to only be selling them with the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think Lik-Sang has them. Look for the Tarukonga controller.
    EDIT: linkified

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Games wise, I got The Getaway: Black Monday, Pro Evo 4 (xbox) and Ghost Recon 2 (xbox). Other than that i got all 3 seasons of Family guy on DVD, and the usual clothes, aftershave etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I got Call of Duty: Deluxe Edition, Half Life 2 and Rome: Total War - can't play them till I get back to my better PC in Dublin, I don't want to be disappointed by installing COD on my old PIII machine here in Galway.
    Can't wait to kill hundreds of Nazis and Aliens. I was just saying to my younger brothers that between the three of us, I am confident that the total number of Nazis, Undead Nazis, Hell Spawn, and in particular Aliens killed since our Commodore 64 back in the day must be in the tens of thousands. They really could have used the three of us on D-Day! Would've all been over in half the time (so long as med kits were hidden throughout France and Germany, of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

i got me an xbox, with halo 2.. need to get my live kit soon.
    getting counter strike my self.
    as for anything else, it was more or less non gaming related...
    but i did spend 1300 on a new comp for my gaming needs :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i got me an xbox, with halo 2.. need to get my live kit soon.
    getting counter strike my self.
    as for anything else, it was more or less non gaming related...
    but i did spend 1300 on a new comp for my gaming needs :-D
    you have a €1300 pc and you'd rather play cs on the xbox?

scuse me while i rofflemayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

CS is **** on the xbox. Better off playing Halo2 and buying GR2 for LIVE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

If he would rather play CS on the xbox than on a €1300 Computer he obivously bought an Apple :D

Advertisement