Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending SMS/Text via MMS

Options
  • 26-12-2004 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to send a big text message via MMS? Does it work out cheaper (on O2 for example) ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Yeah I saw it somewhere. As long as the MMS is under 3kb in size, (and obviously only contains text, otherwise it'd be bigger than 3kb), then O2 only charge 20c for the MMS rather than the full price of 35c for MMS.

Its handy coz you get 1000 characters or something like that instead of only 160. But dont forget that the recipient needs an MMS phone too.

I dont know if Vodafone do something similar.

Does anyone know if O2 still does that cheaper-MMS offer between 7 and 9 at night? I think they started that during the summer but I havent heard anything about it since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Anything up to 1Kb in size is charged at 19c on Vodafone. It 25c for messages between 1Kb and 100Kb

Advertisement