Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iRiver H140

• 26-12-2004 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Got one of these lovely things about 6months ago... After getting a bit of cash from christmas and just wondering is it worth my while getting new ear phones or are the ones you get with it decent enough ? I dont want to spend a mad ammount of money on earphones but if I could get new ones for 20-30 euro that would be better then the standard ones I would go for it.

Ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

The ones it comes with aren't great. Try these ones from Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=2501&productId=109260&clickfrom=name (Cat Number: 534/2189)

They're 20-25 yoyos, and actually go inside your ear canal for a great sound experience. Even on the lowest volume, you can't hear anything around you. No traffic, nothing at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The ones it comes with aren't great. Try these ones from Argos: http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=2501&productId=109260&clickfrom=name (Cat Number: 534/2189)

They're 20-25 yoyos, and actually go inside your ear canal for a great sound experience. Even on the lowest volume, you can't hear anything around you. No traffic, nothing at all.

Are they uncomfortable ? Is the sound noticibly better ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Sounds very interesting the ear canal thing, anyway dangerous, like if you got a knock or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you can't go wrong with sennheisers' mx500, i got them in tower for 30 euros they are cheaper online but for 30 euro even the quality of them still warrants me spending 30 euros on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Has anybody bought shure e2c or e3c's here?
    The cheapest I have seen the e3c's for is about €110 delivered from ebay

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

rubadub wrote:
    Has anybody bought shure e2c or e3c's here?
    The cheapest I have seen the e3c's for is about €110 delivered from ebay

Yeah, I have a set of E2c 'phones.
    Paid around €70.00 (delivered) on Ebay.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2226191&postcount=4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

In Ear Canal phones are the way to go, they never fall out, they block outer sounds and the ones I have used sound great. I use the Sony fontopia ones. My friend got E2s from shure, from the 50 second go I had of them, I think they are better. I used the philips ones from argos, I didn't have the supplied fittings and was using them without. Loud sound, but uncomfortable without fittings.

Dont be afraid to spend €50 or so for a good set of earphones. I am never going back to the type supplied with the H. They wont fit in my ears!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Where is best place to get those Shure E2c headphones online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Where is best place to get those Shure E2c headphones online?

Ebay without a doubt, average 70-75. I am looking to get a set of E3C's they average about €115 on ebay delivered. A few guys are selling a bit less but havent responded to my emails asking if they will mark it as a gift of low value so I dont pay duty.

I wanted the E2C but have been reading more on http://www6.head-fi.org/
    many guys are selling their E2C to upgrade to the E3C's

Advertisement