Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Vs Ripwave?

• 26-12-2004 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, i'm still on dial up :o , and have been saying for the last few weeks to myself i must get bb.
    I contacted ntl in june & august but it's bb was not available in my area, Drimnagh (and still isn't), i was annoyed because its available in walkinstown and crumlin which are very close.
    So after looking at many bb options, i have decided on either ripwave or ntl. I was ready to send in my ripwave form about 3 weeks ago until i saw all the stuff about it in this forum, there is 'good' and bad, i decided to wait. But i was thinking because i am so close to the Guinness mast , the service would be ok...what do you guys think?
    Then theres ntl, but i will have to wait probably ages for that, but you do get free connection and a few months free.

So to end my blabbing, should i get the ripwave or is it worth waiting for ntl? I currently have internet connections of 40kbps ( and which i pay 20 euro a month for) which is crap, and even ripwave must be better than that! If i was getting ntl i think id go for the 300kbps. Also in relation to the -kbps...do you actually get a 300kbps connection all the time or is it just the 'at best' connection quote? And, has anyone ever got a green light on ripwave?
    oh...by the way..i failed the eircom line test due to splitters so that rules out the other sp's... :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

well, with ripwave its touch and go. Get it, if it doesn't work, return it! You'll get your refund, and you'll have lost nothing. If it does work, then your sorted. The green light is overrated, all ripwave needs is a solid connection and its good to go. Solid amber will easily handle 60kb/sec download.

As for NTL rolling out, i was promised broadband 3 years ago. Theres still no sign. The only sign you'll get broadband is when you get the flyer. Ripwave has a 1 month contract, so you can cancel whenever you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

i was promised broadband 3 years ago.

thats terrible man..where u live? and thanks for reply...what bb u have?

Advertisement