Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone having NTL problems in last 24 hours?

• 27-12-2004 2:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

I've been having a lot of trouble with mine since yesterday. It was running fine (usually at 170k\s on the 1.5mb line) then just died all of a sudden when we were on xbox live. Since then it's been down most of the time and anytime I do get a connection it is very slow (2 -5kb\sec on downloads and all webpages taking ages to load if they even do) . Tried all of the usual switching off the modem etc. Even removed it from my firewall and router and put it straight into the pc with no luck. The ntlworld.ie page is not coming up either most of the time which is strange as in the past, anytime I've had trouble even this would load. I've tried pinging a lot of different servers and in most cases I get a response but the actual transfer of data is just not happening.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

no problems here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Yup im same on the 750 package,having serious problems since yesterday everything fine on saturday then yesterday nothing....most im getting is 0.4 to 1.1kb/sec and thats if im lucky....Doing my fcuking head in.

They getting a call in morning...kimmage area btw.Im even lucky i got a post at this stage

All is back to normal now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah seems to be back here now as well. I'm in the crumlin so maybe it was a problem in crumlin\kimmage area??

• Advertisement

back to same problem again,lucky to even get on boards at this stage.I rang Ntl they say there is a problem at moment and a few people in my area have phoned up saying they have problems so there trying to fix it Blah blah blah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

My own line dropped yesterday but when i cut the power off and plugged the modem back in 5 minutes later it was fine. Ive the 1.5 package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

No problems at all here in D18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

It was fine all day yesterday and most of today. But seems to have been acting up again in the last few hours. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mirage

My old man got it installed today in Dun Laoghaire and it all went well.

BTW the engineer told him (i know I know) that NTL were planning on increasing the bandwitdh to 3mb for the 1.5mb package and 2mb for the current 750k package in the new year

Advertisement