Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Winter Glove Recommendations

Options
  • 27-12-2004 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions to help keep my digits warm on the 40 min drive into work through the winter? I'm not pushed on getting heated grips or anything like that.

I'm planning on getting a seperate pair of lighter gloves for the summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Go into an outdoor adventure shop, millets or the likes and look for waterproof gloves. Sealskinz are the make I have. They are great for the rain, you wont feel a drop. That was for cycling though. You could get some of them reusable gel heat pads with the sealskins:)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are you happy with the grip you will have?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

The gloves I have at the mo handle the rain ok it's the wind that causes the problem, I remember a couple of years back weiser didi over gloves, sort of like big two finger mittens that go over you own gloves, but I havent been able to find them.

Let me see, you use a motorbike, don't you. :D

Yep probably should have made that a bit clearer :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Victor wrote:
    Let me see, you use a motorbike, don't you. :D
    this is a motors forum after all...
    cold-killer undergloves are excellent for keeping wind off and rain out, but if your current gloves are a close fit you might find them uncomfortably tight.
    Lots of people i know use waterproof overgloves, same material as waterproof jackets and pants, they're totally wind & waterproof so the wind chill is reduced an awful lot, you'ld pick them up in camping supply shops.

I have a pair of cold killers already, they are quite uncomfortable under my own gloves and I didn't find then all that good. I forgot to look in the camping shops for the over gloves.

Thanks

echomadman wrote:
    this is a motors forum after all...
    Yes, but most users here are car users.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have Richa ones for the summer - they're 100% water proof and don't let a drop in even thou you can ring them out!! :D For winter I have Ixon ones that I got in Megabikes - i think I paid €50-60 for them. They've got loads of padding and are really warm+waterproof. And they come in loads of sizes - they even have small ones for my girly hands!! Another great invention is overboots if you don't wear bike boots you can stick them on over your shoes/runners and it stops your feet getting wet!!

I used to have a pair of over boots before I invested in my bike boots, they are very handy. I have a pair of Richa gloves at the moment that I have worn alost all year round they are really good but not as warm as they used to be and I have worn through the leather on my left index finger, hasn't actually made any difference but it's only a matter of time before I start to damage the waterproof membrane.

They hold out the rain while I'm driving but the next morning they are REALLY damp even when I leave them, under a rad. I have found that the hand dryers in work do a great job drying them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Why not go with the heated grips option? I've had mine for about 5 weeks and have found them to be top notch. Never a cold digit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Dan_B

I have a pair of Fieldsheer Highway Grip.
    100% waterproof and resonably warm.
    If your hands are exposed to the elements due to lack of fairing I'd say your gonna be cold no matter what the glove?

Advertisement