Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Those dastardly Taliban

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Well I'm too lazy to read through/find the exact piece you have taken Bel's quote from,but it seems to me that you quote him as saying Islam is a more "pervasive" religion than Christianity, and then you go and ask why it is in fact that Islam is more "persuasive". Different words.Different meanings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Fu<k! an idiot i am.
    Lay it upon me for I deserve it.

Reactionary attitudes.
    When will I stop them from getting the better of me!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

To add a bit of spice to the topic...

The Mujahadeen fall nicely into this argumentative/informative topic as they have fought with their fellow Muslims in the Balkan war (mainly in Bosnia) and have supplied them with medical supplies and some weapons. After the war there is still a Mujahadeen community living in Bosnia who have decided to stay there to live and raise a family.

I can back this point fully cause not only have I seen it on telly but been there myslef.

you may resume the arguing please.

adnans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭bugler

Well I dunno what we can fight over now.I'm sure we'll find something.As for mujahadeen in Bosnia, I wouldn't have begrudged muslims in the balkans any help at all.Considering that the Croatians were every bit as bad as Serbs in terms of ethnic cleansing and atrocities commited, shunning a solid alliance with muslims,a reaction befitting the descendants of the infamous Ustashi, who collaborated with the Nazi's.Why am I saying this? I'll be damned if I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

Afganistan>there is a suspicion that the Russians helped pakistan fund,aid and arm the pashan led Taliban to overthrow The Iranian backed mujahadeen in retalliation for the toppling of the Djick led former Communist Government of Afganistan.
    the Rusians under the new leadership of Putin are currently exploring avenues of restoring lost military prestige vis a vie some kind of interventionist action on behalf of the djicks,which is veiwed with hostility by both the mujahadeen and the taleban.
    Talk about a complicated situation.

oh and by the way i wish to expound the cultural significance to Budism of the destroyed buddahs.
    The Taleban May have destroyed the idols but in their actions have failed to understand that all they have done is returned rock to rock,it is they who have idolised the statues by considering them idols and not a feature of nature.Thus the condemmers have become the condemed.
    This is elementary Budism which is why you wont hear many Budhists complaining,it still sucks for the rest of us materialists though.

but i kind of find it funny in a ironic way.
    Good on you Budhah smile.gif

You guys let me off for my stupidity pretty lightly. That was real nice.
    I apologise for the stupidity again.

Resume petty arguing. smile.gif
    I'll join in later. wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Lads I must admit I hadn been keeping up with this thread , I checked in after the news and I saw Excelsiors post...You misquote me sir , I said Pervasive , not persuasive ...slight difference

and profusely i apologise.
    incredible idiocy on my behalf.
    the demons of stupidity, after a long excorcism have almost all bee stricken from my soul.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement