Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cases in Pc World

Options
  • 27-12-2004 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

im looking for an ATX case for the new pc im building,just wondering does anyone know if pc world stock anything sweet and juicy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

These : http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Jeantech_Cases__Under_Construction_.html

And the Jeantec Apollo, cant find a pic of it. It looks cool tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Cheers Jammer
    does any one know if Pc World stock any other brands

also,if anyone knows any info on this jeantec light fusion case post it up for me please,i may be buying it tomorrow click me

They have Coolermaster Cavileer (sp?), and the jeantec range. thats all i saw

Jammer wrote:
    They have Coolermaster Cavileer (sp?), and the jeantec range. thats all i saw

sorry if this is a stupid question (it probably is) but what does the "(sp?)" mean in your post jammer

spelling, didnt know if thats how u spell it...

• Advertisement

cheers jammer,think i might get the coolermaster if the price is right!

cosider this one : http://www.jeantech.com/Products/Cases/Visco/a_JNAF-600_copy.jpg

Its a lovely case, impressive in the steel too methinks!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

This it - here - ,not bad is its with a 300w PSU and a fan controller

thats a sweet case Nukem,im slightly confused as to how the fan control works,can it be adjusted manually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

hey guys sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone seen much clear cases around?
    i've been lookin around and can't find any.

• Advertisement

Peats and Komplett do them ;Sharkoon and Jeantec - think Ocuk do them as well

On another note - can you order stuff from PC world from their site to a local shop (gives ya someone to kill if it breaks)

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

Does that local store delivery work for Ireland, just had a look here
    http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/page/delivery&bklist=pcat,2,customerservice

And they say they will only deliver to the billing address and it must be in the UK

no, its for uk only.

PC World have a clear case, dunno who makes it, presume its jeantec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

hey guys sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone seen much clear cases around?

have a look here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Just to give my two cents. Clear cases usually come flat packed and need assembly, which can be tricky. Also the are very prone to scratches which are very noticable so you should be careful. :eek: Also, the seem to pick up a lot of dust due to static. :( If you want one, get one. Just to let you know a few things first. But they are very pretty when assembled with cold cathodes etc etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I have one of those light fusion cases. Havent used it yet, looks alright... If u want to know what the display n all that does pm me n i'll dig out the instructions for it n let u know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

im planning to get a case soon but im not sure if i should get a clear case (i think it would look cool in the dark when its finished) or one wit a window plz help.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Flunked wrote:
    im planning to get a case soon but im not sure if i should get a clear case (i think it would look cool in the dark when its finished) or one wit a window plz help.

ya I got a clear case, but I wouldn’t Recommend it to you, it looks grand but its a nightmare to try and even put another hard drive in it. Not very well designed at all.

im gone right off the idea of buying a case in pc world, one of the jeantech cases there was falling apart !
    ive narrower my choice down to this and that

im gone right off the idea of buying a case in pc world, one of the jeantech cases there was falling apart and the coolermaster was scratched up

• Advertisement

mmmmmmmmmm.......................nice postion to be in.
    That nzxt one has a neon light aparently you cant turn off, might wreck the head after a while. Nice though. The Cav 3 is kinda nice though (with the window)

Personal choice i suppose (my advive google both and read the reviews)

Nukem wrote:
    mmmmmmmmmm.......................nice postion to be in.
    That nzxt one has a neon light aparently you cant turn off, might wreck the head after a while. Nice though. The Cav 3 is kinda nice though (with the window)

Personal choice i suppose (my advive google both and read the reviews)

ive googled them both about 100 times lol and they both have their good points,the evil monkey that lives in my closet is telling me to go with the cooler master, but thb im really not sure

Id go with the CAV 3 - looks nice and is stealthy in black. Nice plush door....yada...... The guardian is very bling aint it,where the coolermaster is very unassuming but nice.Wish i could help more :o

EDIT: Food for thought

ì think your right about the bling part,i have a habit of leavin my pc on all nite and that neon light would probably turn me into a serial killer, my main concern is cooling as im putting in an amd 3000 and am very new to modding pc's, the fan set up on the gaurdian doenst impress me(even though i know feck all about cooling!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Loobz wrote:
    Just to give my two cents. Clear cases usually come flat packed and need assembly, which can be tricky. Also the are very prone to scratches which are very noticable so you should be careful. :eek: Also, the seem to pick up a lot of dust due to static. :( If you want one, get one. Just to let you know a few things first. But they are very pretty when assembled with cold cathodes etc etc. :D

It's not tricky to assemble really but good luck trying to keep finger prints off it. I got one a good while ago and I bought mine from komplett, it's the AC Ryan clear case for €100 odd - about €120 incl. delivery if memory serves me well. It's grown on me a bit since then and I quite like it but I won't be dragging it around to any lan partys because it's not quite as sturdy as a regular case either. The biggest pain in the hole with mine was the following:

1) Airflow - My antec exhaust fan was getting a little blocked as it wasn't big enough on the case initially. Solution - took everything apart and filed around the edges until it was a good fit. Top exhaust and side/front intake fan mounts have sod all room for fresh air to get in due to the grill-like look they wanted to give it. Solution - get another thinner file out and make the gaps the air can get through larger for improved airflow. The rear exhaust fan below the psu is down a bit too far and the case would be so much better if that exhaust was moved up to be just under the psu where the hot air accumulates, not just below it.

2) You need to mount any hdd/cdrw/dvd drives before you put anything else in there and if you want to remove it you'll need to remove your motherboard or mod your case to allow for device removal with ease (not a major pain but if you're like me and get swap happy with hdd etc then it's a big pain when you want to upgrade or god forbid, remove a dead device.

3) Keeping it clean -- I've done a good job of this so far with air filters and the case is still clear several months down the line but it's a bit more maintenance than your average case - hard to clean dust from a couple of spots once devices are installed which you can't uninstall due to reasons in point 2)

I wrote a review of the case I was hoping to link you to but the thread has been lost with all the server swapover methinks, can't find it on search at all now :(

here's an old pic to illustrate, has changed a lot since then and the only big plus I've been able to give it since I've been working with it is -- there's a nice bit of space between the motherboard/case where you can route all your cabling and do an extremely neat job of it :)

http://members.boards.ie/tacticalanni/Side%20View1.JPG

kinkstr wrote:
    im gone right off the idea of buying a case in pc world, one of the jeantech cases there was falling apart and the coolermaster was scratched up

ive changed my mind yet again and ive finally decided that im getting this one i swear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

I,d go with option A (this) it looks dead cool. the other one, just no. its to boring and plain. im sure you could spice it up abit but still i wouldnt go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Tippex

Jammer,

That case is lovely alright the only problem when I went to buy one in pcworld they had 2 on display but none in stock. It's killing me I can;t even find anywhere online that sells them. My 11 yr old got his bloody schilles case.

Guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks for them to arrive in :(.

Tip
    Jammer wrote:
    These : http://www.xcase.co.uk/acatalog/Jeantech_Cases__Under_Construction_.html

And the Jeantec Apollo, cant find a pic of it. It looks cool tho.

If its the light fusion, PC world in Limerick have one-saw it on Weds
    plastic door and it seemed a bit weak all round.Would go for something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Tippex

Nukem,

Thanks for that but its the apollo I'm looking for they had about 10 light fusion in both liffey valley and Blanch :(
    Nukem wrote:
    If its the light fusion, PC world in Limerick have one-saw it on Weds
    plastic door and it seemed a bit weak all round.Would go for something else.

Advertisement