Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor voicemail problem

Options
  • 27-12-2004 10:20pm

Has anyone ever encountered this? I ported early last November and since then, dialling 171 gives me the following message:
    Welcome to your Meteor voicemail. Please dial the number of the person you're calling. If you have a mailbox on this system, please press #.

If I press # I get a prompt "Mailbox number please..", and I've tried several guesses on this number with no success. I'm guessing its an internal message I'm not supposed to hear...

I called 1905 about 10 times and they were less than helpful. But then on December 8th I got a call from the technical department stating that the voicemail was now active. But I tried to call 171 again on Christmas Day... back to the message quoted above.

Tried 1905 again today and was told that my query was re-sent as Urgent. Is there anything I can do or am I stuck?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

I have the same problem and so does everyone I know! I tried the help service and was informed by a recording that my "default mail box number" is 085 5 and then "the rest" of my number! But I dunno what defines "the rest" as I changed my number back to my 086 no so I tried every combination of 0855 and both the number that came with the sim card and my 086 no. Then I gave up twas head wrecking!

I ported over from O2 so I have an 086 number also. The system only accepts 10 digit numbers so if I try 0865xxxxxxx it doesn't take the last digit. I also tried the original 085 number and had no luck with that either.

Rock + Hard Place = me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

ring up meteor on 1905 and kick up a stink about it - it sounds like when you ported your voice mailbox wasnt configured on the system and it will only take them a few minutes to do this. Came across this a few times and if I'm reading whats happening to you right it definitly sounds like the error message you would get if the VMwasnt configured.

Sometimes it could happen if account was inactive due to not topping up for a certain amount of time and account lost service or in your case you ported over but normally its easily rectified!

what happens when you dial through to your voicemail and you get that prompt - it doesnt recongnise that you have a valid voice mailbox and its asking you to enter one instead that does exist which is why entering 0855..... or 0865.... isnt working because you dont have a voice mailbox number set up on that number!!

Sorry, i'm a little tired and have a cold so if that doesnt make very much sense thats the reason! definitly ring again and make sure they check that they dont think you need your VM password or something :rolleyes: or ask for a supervisor to make sure its done right for you and you should be ok!

Thanks for that. I was hoping you'd read this because I recall hearing that you worked in 1905 for a while.

Seems like I just need to stop being so nice, lol.

Karsini wrote:
    Thanks for that. I was hoping you'd read this because I recall hearing that you worked in 1905 for a while.

Seems like I just need to stop being so nice, lol.

well I hope I'm right and not steering you wrong but I got a good few calls like this and 99% of the time that was what the problem was - a lot of the reps though like i said just think you need to set up your diverts or reset Vm password which is what i would say happened to you!!

Then again - most of the customers that rang up could be ignorant ****** so dont be too nasty or else they'll say they are sending a ticket to the tech desk and send it to nowwhere instead!! :) Have to find the right side of assertiveness.

Good luck - hope it gets sorted for you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ferryman

Yeah - same thing happened to me when I ported from o2. Rang them up straight away when I discovered the problem and the rep sorted it there and then.
    Hope you get a helpful agent!

I won't give any names but I called back again today. The girl I was talking to said that she'd try to contact the tech reps (she tried but couldn't get through to them... how many times have I heard that...??), and she said she'd call me back by the end of the day.

Got no call back, and the VM isn't working either.

If I can't get this sorted (or if they keep driving me nuts with inefficient support) I might have to swallow my pride and go to Vodafone. Oh no! :eek:

Problem solved. I tried calling 171 this morning and it wasn't working so I had planned to call back later in the day and ask for a supervisor. However I tried 171 again around 1pm today and all is good.

Karsini wrote:
    Problem solved. I tried calling 171 this morning and it wasn't working so I had planned to call back later in the day and ask for a supervisor. However I tried 171 again around 1pm today and all is good.

you must be a happy man!! :D

Advertisement