Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed drop?

• 27-12-2004 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone has noticed a speed drop in IOLBB+?

I used to be able to get speeds of ~52k/sec on downloads - this has dropped to <30k/sec.

Also, I've noticed my ping when gaming has gone from 50 to >60+

I ran a speed test and it said my connection was 214kbps...

I've only noticed this in the last few weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Could well be Christmas contention. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

My speed where perfect up till today 50kB+. But today its around 30kB. I assume its just getting particularly busy over christmas.

100k? What speed broadband you on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ciaran500 wrote:
    100k? What speed broadband you on?
    I'm guessing someone deleted the post you're replying to? I don't think I've ignored anyone :D

0_o There was nothing wrong with his post, unless he was completly deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Regarding d/l speed... Don't know if anyone else has experienced this but I recently noticed downloads were down by about 80% but the connection itself was fine... Checked the router connection into the phone socket and it had slipped out slightly. Pushed it back in, got my speed back.

This ran counter to what I expected - I thought at the very least an incomplete physical connection would terminate the link altogether but no, it just reduced the speed. Worth bearing in mind if all else fails.
    I've checked all that, and it seems to be OK - I added a Microfilter to a phone in the house recently that wasn't in use since May, could that cause anything I wonder...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭Zenith74

I moved over to IOLBB about a month ago and have found it much slower then Eircom was. Browsing is fine but any downloading tends to be much slower. Kinda disappointed really, but I guess you get what you pay for and for the average person just browsing IOLBB is a much better deal. Think I may be changing back to Eircom though unless things improve...

Advertisement