Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

After dark wet morning things now bright and crisp, going to be bloody cold tonight though!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Well we had nothing like Dublin, but it’s cold and blustery with clear skies and intermittent showers.

A great day for photos with shafts of sunlight illuminating the mountains and some very respectable double rainbows over the ocean. And guess who left her camera at home?

About ten minutes ago we had a light hail shower and about three quarters of the sky blazed a dazzling gold colour…

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Tallaght:

Well the thunder & lightening is back & firing on all cylinders.

/me thinks it'll be like that for the night. :(

I think I'll be stayin' in for the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

for mid Waterford

clear skies with a light cold breeze. it is freezing though so the heating is turned to the max

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

haha... I was looking over in the Dublin direction the other night and I wasn't sure whether it was fireworks or wicked lightning. It turned out it was lightning (I saw a bolt coming flying out of the sky). It was damn cool to watch. :)

Weather in East Cavan today, very cold but the temperature has gone us since the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Are ye sure the weather has been bad? :D

Nothing but clear blue skies in Cork for the last two days. Was freezing yesterday, a little warmer today.

Originally posted by ShaneOC

Quite sure Shane. :D

'Twas a very bad night here, I could barely get asleep with that thunder & the hailstones were belting at my window. I also had a power cut for a while last night. :(

It seems grand now though, it seems like the rest of the country, very clear blue skies, sunny & very cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Donegal;

Another magic sunnier and warmer day than yesterday.

P.:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Waterford City,

Overcast with the sun breaking through, not that cold.

But last night was freezing, I'm heading to London for a week on saturday, anyone got any IDEA how cold it is over there.

Will I need my Thermals??

Originally posted by ShaneOC

Nothing but clear blue skies in Cork for the last two days. Was freezing yesterday, a little warmer today.

Lol shane, Was hearing all about the fine weather in Cork from my relations this morning.
    I'm confined to an internet café today as my pc finally said enough last night when it was fried by the lightning for a second time :(

This morning started off dodgy enough, and there was a lot of lightning into the early hours but today has turned out beautifull with Clear Blue sunny Skies-So there ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mid Waterford

yet another clear blue skies kind of day still not a day for t-shirts and shorts though

where is all this thunder and lightening i have heard the south was getting tonight :confused:

Like Mossy - crisp and sunny day. Hav'nt heard any thunder yet and proberly wont now.

Mike.

Clear and frosty here.

Nice sunny day again and Quiet, peacefull even.

Bloody cold and sunny....

Mike.

Bright and showery morning in Mayo.

Sunny early afternoon in Galway. Excellent for the early graduations, but the afternoon crowd had a perfect opportunity to use their hoods for the purpose they were originally intended as there were several bursts of torrential rain. Hope I get a better day when it's my turn.

OT: I remember seeing a TCD graduation photo where all the grads had coordinated umbrellas. Definitely think they should be incorporated in NUI Galway's academic dress. The most thing I'll ever remember about the place was the rain. I remember seeing a scholarship ad there for a research degree in drizzle there once and it seemed strangely apt...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Presently 0 C outside in dublin.
    Ice starting to build up on windscreen of car, rather peaceful after nice sunny albeit frosty day :)

Mostly sunny untill early afternoon, then it clouded over, dry and cool.

Bright morning gave way to cloudier afternoon...cold and dry.

Miserable, cold, dark, rain. It'll be even more depressing when the time goes back...

• Advertisement

Sunny and very nearly warm!

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    Sunny and very nearly warm!

Mike.

Exact same here. :)

Ditto.

And I can see from the window a lovely snow capped Lugnaquilla Mountain :)

mm

Cloudy and dry (and dark so early I feel like hibernating :p )

Beautifull Sunny day here.
    There was a hoar frost this morning, making the place nice and white.
    we also has a two hour powercut this morning...wonder was that a delayed effect of the solar storm :D

Bright sunny day - pleasant in the sun, no wind to speak of.

Mike.

Drizzly rain, though I see a small aptch of blue sky....

Dry cool and cloudy-wicklow this morning.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

East Cavan: Foggy.

• Advertisement

Here it's a cool & cloudy day, with 1 or 2 very brief showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement