Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cool and dry. Overcast. Light breeze. 6.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,264 ✭✭✭highdef

First sunbathing day of the year. Lying with my back to the sun and very very warm it is too. Temp is 16.7 in a very sheltered south west facing back garden. the airport is only a few miles away and it's 11c there. It's a whole differrent worl in my back garden :D

highdef wrote:
    First sunbathing day of the year. Lying with my back to the sun and very very warm it is too. Temp is 16.7 in a very sheltered south west facing back garden. the airport is only a few miles away and it's 11c there. It's a whole differrent worl in my back garden :D
    You might also find its a whole different world in your front Garden.
    Actually its a whole 4 degree's warmer in my kitchen right now than it is here...

Anyway according to my reasonably scientific Davis vantage pro 2, it got up to 11.8c at a max today here just before lunch.
    It felt much warmer than that working in the sunshine, but anywhere that you had a breeze, you knew it was only 11c.

Beautifull day none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Sunny nearly all day.

Max of 17.1C beating the previous years high of 16.1C on 30th March.

Glorious!!
    sunburning day if not careful...

Waking this thread up for a rain report.

Just had an intense shower here with a rain rate peaking at 39.4mm/hr which if it continued would deliver an inch an a half in an hour!
    The rain rate stayed well above 30mm/hr for about 20 mins or so and was crashing down loudly outside.
    Still raining now but has eased back to 2mm/hr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Any idea which direction the shower is headed for now?

Sunny 19C, thanks to mountains to my west. :)

Quite breezy though.

Turning out to be the may of many weathers

Now 5.1c with the temperature dropping at a rate of 1.5c in just the last half hour alone.

Baby its cold outside and thursdays the first of june...

4.9c now

Is it going to snow :D

(omg it got warmer here today than at mothmans-the worlds going to end,its all upside down)

Currently 8.4c.

Low last night: 3.5c
    High today 20.5c

• Advertisement

It's colder on the coast than well inland?? you got cloud cover or something?

Danno wrote:
    High today 20.5c
    Your thermometer must either have a dodgy sensor or you left it in a garden heat pocket.
    Either way it couldnt have been accurate as both Birr ,Kilkenny and mullingar ranged between 14 and 16 c for their max yesterday.

Must be something allright - only maxed at 18.4c today!

Last night was 3.6c

Anywhere I can purchase a screen for the thermometer - I have located it on an N facing wall where no sunshine hits...

I'd say the wall is part of the problem.
    Regardless of whether little or any sun hits it, it would still be a heat radiator.

The max here yesterday was only 12.1c.I havent seen mullingar etc for yesterday yet but that would put you over 6c warmer than here which would seem a good bit out when there was no sea breeze.

Again 3.6c was the low overnight with yesterday peaking at 21.3c

Currently 11.3c

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Is really windy out, seems to be almost gusting to gale force , the trees in full leaf are really waving about.
    To be honest prefer this weather to the weather last week, is much more alive :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Lovely day yesterday, in fact was so nice i've woken up with sunburn on my baldy head!!, must have got that walking around town yesterday afternoon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Misty here this morning.

We've had 30 hours of muck in the east with yesterday being the lowest June max in my records with a max of 12.5C. Meanwhile, some western areas almost had 20C and 15 hours sunshine...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Tell me about it Mothman,back to winter weather for now:(

Keep those stats rolling in,after sundays warmth back to flu weather now cough cough.:eek:

• Advertisement

I was thinking this morning in the car that it was like winter, lights on, heater on and constant drizzle and rain!

Still, Belmullet isn't exactly known for its fantastic sunny dry climate so cant begrudge them it..just wish it shifted a bit to the right.

Longfield wrote:
    I was thinking this morning in the car that it was like winter, lights on, heater on and constant drizzle and rain!

Still, Belmullet isn't exactly known for its fantastic sunny dry climate so cant begrudge them it..just wish it shifted a bit to the right.

A lot to the right:D

Same here Longfield heater and lights on plus a jacket

Clutching at straws to call today any better. Yesterday (12.6C) was my lowest summer max (inc Sept) in my records. Today was another day of muck, with max of 13.8C. Dublin AP marginally cooler both days.

Belmullet max today with 19.3C. Quite a few other places got to a rounded 19C

Anyway, despite 3 sunless days in past 4, it's my sunniest month on record, though only into my 3rd season

Mothman wrote:
    Clutching at straws to call today any better. Yesterday (12.6C) was my lowest summer max (inc Sept) in my records. Today was another day of muck, with max of 13.8C. Dublin AP marginally cooler both days.

Belmullet max today with 19.3C. Quite a few other places got to a rounded 19C

Anyway, despite 3 sunless days in past 4, it's my sunniest month on record, though only into my 3rd season

I had 13.1c myself yesterday,the sun is back but next few days look terrible with a occuled from straddling east coast and hanging around till Saturday evening.:eek:

A rainy misty morning has turned in to a lovely sunny partly cloudy afternoon.

The temp is a lovely 20c despite an 8mph Southeast breeze off the sea

Yes!, the sun is back, its absolutely brilliant to see it again, now mr sun get to work making some thunderstorms :D

test%201%20033-2.jpg

Thats about 10 mins ago looking east from here

You just want to show off yer fancy new camera :P

Is that an anvil I see in the distance?!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I dont think there will be enuff puff in so CB's for anything
    electric, perhaps a few showers!!

Lovely evening now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement