Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Back up to 7.9C again now, it's really quite depressing to watch it rise like that:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

trogdor wrote:
    Back up to 7.9C again now, it's really quite depressing to watch it rise like that:(

It was always expected to unfortunately

Won't be any snow here tonight ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

its still too early for snow methinks, im not surprised really. Snow on the highest ground perhaps tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

BRRRR!!

Feeling cold here in Kilkenny city outskirts. Can't be much more than a couple of degrees. Just turned the heating up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Fecking cold and calm.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Looks (and feels) like a half decent late Autumn day out there, overcast, dark, windy, cold and wet.......I'll settle for that :D

A little light rain earlier after it clouded over from the beautifull sunny early morning.
    Raining again now with the wind gusting above 30mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

2.2C in Illinois today with the high for the day at 5C (8:30am), chance of snow flurries in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Extremely windy here in south dub, wind average is 35kts gusting to 55kts and sounds like is getting worse. The garden is taking a battering too and furniture is all over the place. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Keep your posts in the right thread Hal.Take time to go through and find the relevant thread.

• Advertisement

Snowbie wrote:
    Keep your posts in the right thread Hal.Take time to go through and find the relevant thread.

Yep, sorry I just seen the other thread.

It's turned out to be a very wet evening!
    And the barometer is falling rapidly.

Max temp of the day has just been reached after being in single digits all day.

index.gif

Temps in Celcius below and map of the US, winter storm coming in for tomorrow, of course when I have to move my schtuff to the new house. :)

cold1ua4.th.jpg

untitledku6.th.jpg

Hiya RUU,I'm in chicago now too and the blizzard is due after midnight and all tomorrow and saturday.
    Weathercheck would love it-A foot of snow by the morning is expected.
    It's currently dry cloudy and minus 2 here,I'll keep ye posted :D

Total white out here :D
    Cannot see down the block and theres thunder and lightning.
    Something like 6 inches so far-just came in from a big snowball fight :p

Temp is minus 2 on the jeep.
    Gonna wait before driving upstate as the roads are mental :eek:

Have you taking any pics?, would like to see them and maybe put them in the pics thread then :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Watching Fox news , seems like a pretty big winter storm over there, St Louis apparently pretty badly hit, have to say am jealous!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tristrame wrote:
    Total white out here :D
    Cannot see down the block and theres thunder and lightning.
    Something like 6 inches so far-just came in from a big snowball fight :p

Temp is minus 2 on the jeep.
    Gonna wait before driving upstate as the roads are mental :eek:

Someday, just one day, I'll experience a white-out with thunder and lightening...am sooooooo jealous!! , enjoy it you lucky so and so!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Hope your enjoying it:D. what a good time to go, i know whats it's like. i was in Salzburg for their first snow of winter on the 2nd of November this year, it wasn't quite white out conditions but there was continuous heavy snow and thunder and lightning. The snow melted two days later and there hasn't been any since, talk about luck, i was only there for 3 days.

Here's a video of the conditions in chicago http://www.weather.com/multimedia/videoplayer.html?clip=3239&collection=topstory&from=vid_brws2&tab=3&nav=84

And if anyone wants to see the snow in Salzburg i'll post some pictures in the weatherpics thread

First he had the heaviest snowfall in central park this year now he has the first winter storm in Chicago.Jammy or what.

Bring it home i tell ye.Well it was a balmy 14.4c last night here Tristrame suppose your getting that in Farinheit.

• Advertisement

Well the snow hasnt melted!
    Currently -7c here and due to be even colder tomorrow.

Tristrame wrote:
    Well the snow hasnt melted!
    Currently -7c here and due to be even colder tomorrow.

We didn't get near as much snow, I'm a little further south than Chicago.:) Hovering around -1C with the wind chill around -7. Nice and sunny outside though and not expected to change until next Friday sez the forecast.

It's 3pm in the afternoon here and it's -9c ,the snow is 4 to 6 inches deep and isnt moving,the ice is as hard as cement.
    Yesterday we drove 40 miles west of here to aurora which had closer to a foot of snow.
    They also recorded a bone chilling -19c last night.
    Downtown chicago was -11c last night and only climbed 2 degree's.

It feels very very cold!

Ah your lovin this.:D

Some of us are knee deep in water and removing trees from roads over here.
    You would of gettin a nice wind chill with our winds over there.

Right now, -7.8C with the windchill, -16C! No snow expected. I was out earlier changing my car battery, my pale, Irish skin is not used to this! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

No minuses here.

Current temp
    +13.4C and rising...

Very mild for Dec.

Wet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

13 astonishing celsius this December 10th at 2200hrs... :rolleyes:

If ever there was an example of GW in todays climate this is it.

No whats astonishing is my 15.2C here, oh no wait. it's Bray:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

12.1c here. High of 12.4 today.

Cool nights recently - Thu and Fri. 1.4c on both nights.

• Advertisement

currently 8c colder than last night.
    Now 3.7c under a clear sky with funnily enough a south breeze.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement