Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

I dunno.
    It's going down again now as much as it is going up-so theres not been any real change.
    It's only fluctuated 1.5c or so since 630pm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Tristrame wrote:
    I dunno.
    It's going down again now as much as it is going up-so theres not been any real change.
    It's only fluctuated 1.5c or so since 630pm

Is it cloudy there?

I just went outside for a look and the clouds to the north (ie towards Dublin) are not moving any closer and is clear overhead here right now.

The temperature here seems to have stabilised a bit though, is droppng a little then rising a little and back again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Completely clear.
    Temp now 0.8c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Anticyclone gloom

My least favourite weather :(

Judgling by the sudden slowdown in posts here I'd guess many others, myself included whould share that sentiment Mothman.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Drizzle now thats a horrible thought.

Just back from Stillorgan.
    Clear blue skies and lovely sunshine, looking towards the north looked clear and sunny.
    Still overcast and misty here - yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Snowbie wrote:
    Drizzle now thats a horrible thought.

There's a little starting here now,another depressing grey day

3.6 C

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Gloomy, dull here : +4.4 degrees c

Was in Dundrum earlier, lovely blue skies!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Currently +6.4c , misty, dull, dark etc...

BTW - Wicklowweather (Ashford) and NRA bray are both reading 7.9 and 8.1 respectively.

Given my altitude - 250M, I should be exactly 1.5c colder than sea level. So looking at the above readings, looks like my thermometer is accurate. Notice when it was frosty my readings seemed to have been different.

Longfield, would be interested in seeing what you are reading now. Remember that you were always a degree or 2 colder during the frost?!

Still waiting for my weatherstation :(

A

• Advertisement

Currently 6.5C which is the warmest in about a week.
    Looking at the fax charts looks like we're heading back to stormy weather again but hints of getting a bit colder over the weekend, maybe even some snow showers at elevation :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Quite windy here this evening.

Completely mental outside at the moment here.
    Is the worst sheer weather noise volume since I've moved here, cannot sleep with the wind howling and the rain lashing against the windows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

same terribal winds in meath

Longfield wrote:
    Completely mental outside at the moment here.
    Is the worst sheer weather noise volume since I've moved here, cannot sleep with the wind howling and the rain lashing against the windows.
    Ditto here.
    The noise was and is continous and loud as was and is the gale.
    Not the biggest gusts I've had but certainly persistant.

summary.gif

In places this is every bit as strong as storms early this month.

Casement had full gale for 3 hours this morning with max gust of 70mph.

Max gust with me of 59mph, just behind max gust of year of 62mph.

Just heavy showers and a steady breeze here now.
    My sat dish was blown slightly off overnight which didn't happen last storm, have lost 5°E altogether, just tightened up the bolts, too feckin windy to realign properly right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Some pretty strong winds at 4am, woke up this morning to see part of the garden fence lying flat in the neighbours garden...........feck!:mad:, is there any point trying to fix it today, its to be windy again tonihgt, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Storm total of 46.2mm here now, I've just come back to Bray from town and the liffey was the highest i've seen inages nearly over the banks and the dargle which flows past me here has flooded the road on it's other bank but fortunatly not been able to flood this side......yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Very windy right now, and has been for most of the day down here. Not that much rain but when it did fall, it was monsoon like, except being blown sideways... The pressure being dropping fairly quickly as well, currently at 985.6 mb (although i did see it dropping to 980 a few hours ago..)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

winds expected to gust 75mph in some exposed locations in the coming hours :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭NewsWire

A bit of Strom damage -

A large section of the sea wall on the N25 at Youghal Bridge (Waterford side) has collapsed

From the AA Website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭Darwin

Some really monster wind gusts in Laois at the moment. Hard to hear the TV with the wind howling down the chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Wind seems to have died down a little here in Carlow town, but we have just had a torrential downpour or rain, really heavy! :eek:

Edit: The wind must have followed the rain in, getting pretty gusty out there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yea got abit wild there with the passing of the squall line....

torrential rain and bloody strong winds!

Some pretty strong winds at 4am, woke up this morning to see part of the garden fence lying flat in the neighbours garden...........feck!:mad:, is there any point trying to fix it today, its to be windy again tonihgt, right?

I wouldn't touch it till middle of next week ;)

Temp got up to 13.9C this evening before the clearance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

its so cloudy its still very dark out :eek:

3.7C and raining, what a lovely day !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Some reasonably heavy hail storms just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Same here... still not cold enough for it to stick though..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement