Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

arctictree wrote:
    Clear here but not very cold - +2.5, wind picking up from the North - 9kmph.

Can anyone spot the moon on my webcam??! and hence which direction is it facing?

http://www.arctictree.com/weather

A

East.
    0.5c and still dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Snowbie wrote:
    East.
    0.5c and still dropping

Correct!

Seems to be milder here. Must be the hillside effect. Both my thermometers agree on +2.0

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Currently 2.9C here (Carlow town) and dropping.

High today of 6.6C and a low lastnight of -0.2C, the fog cleared off, but it was overcast, so no frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

-3.5C now in Glasgow

In Dublin for the weekend and Croker was cold on Saturday evening

Currently -1.2C here, up from -1.5C, gonna be a hard frost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

temp is -1.2C and dewpoint is -3.8C. Both new records since i installed the station last May.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,855 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

-3.9 here overnight.
    -3.7 now

Seven Worlds will Collide

Snap trogdor also -1.2c here

summary.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Grass min -11C
    A station low, air min not particularly low at -3C.
    8C difference is high for my site but is typical for Birr.

Dewpoint -4C lowest since Apr last year.

Min overnight of -3.7

Currently -3.0 at 8:55am

Todays mean temp will be interesting

A

• Advertisement

Temp went from -1.9c to -0.9c wait for it, In a snow shower.Ok light but whatever fell it stuck on the ground when i brought kiddies to school this morning.So up to howth summit i went and a slight covering with a big shower heading towards the city centre itself.

Snowbie wrote:
    Temp went from -1.9c to -0.9c wait for it, In a snow shower.Ok light but whatever fell it stuck on the ground when i brought kiddies to school this morning.So up to howth summit i went and a slight covering with a big shower heading towards the city centre itself.

Yes, drove down to Sandyford this morning and noticed a big grey mass over Dublin Bay/Howth. Thought it was fog.

I can see it now on the radar....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

Road Weather Station Information, updated Tuesday Feb. 06, 2007 08:52.

Butler's Bridge Feb 06, 08:00 -6.2° C. -5.5° C.

Collooney Bypass Feb 06, 08:04 -6.9° C. -4.7° C.

Maybe my 'el chepo' termometer froze up last night, but I got -4.6C last night here in Carlow town. BRING ON THE SNOW!! :D

Id say nothing wrong with it,im still subzero here.-0.6c DP -2.6c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

4-5 inches of snow expected to accumulate in Central Illinois today. Temps around -12C.

Currently bang on 0C here, gonna be another chilly night:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

New record low here for me this morning -5.6°C, rock hard ground.

Had a nice snow shower this morning at work (see snow tread for pic links) which hopefully is a taster for things to come ;)

Currently -1.6°C

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Currently 0 deg here. Mean temp today -0.2. I'd say thats unusual in itself. Doesn't happen often in Ireland.

A

-2.1C here now, up from -2.6C a little earlier due to a very light, broken, partial cloud cover.

• Advertisement

They are certainly experiencing low temps in the west:

http://dolanbaker.info/weather/

Havn't heard from you in a while dolanbaker!!

A

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

8°F temperature converts to -13.33°C

its too friggin cold in Ohio... I dream of the day when I get out of here for good...
    burrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Same as yourself Beat. :( I'm just finished clearing the driveway, nearly the whole morning at it. Right now about -9C with scattered snow showers expected tonight, grrr!

We can't compete with that but it's currently -1.5c here and we did have a snow shower last night :D low was -1.9c

Dew point is -4c

Beat by this time tomorrow there could be more snow in Dublin than Ohio or even chicago :p

Tristrame wrote:
    Beat by this time tomorrow there could be more snow in Dublin than Ohio or even chicago :p

Ohhhhh....major ramp! :D;)

Got down to -6C here again lastnight! Damn fine weather, havent seen good frosts like it in a while now.

Nah,theres only 5 cm's in downtown chicago-it wouldn't be hard for Dublin to beat that if the front gives several hours of snow.

I don't think Dublin could ever compete with the low temps in chicago though.

Tristrame wrote:
    I don't think Dublin could ever compete with the low temps in chicago though.
    But just wait untill the conveyor shuts down and then we be moving to Chicago for warmer temps in Winter.

Take a look at this chaps Website,i have it in my fav's as its a good site and very interesting weather.

http://www.carterlake.org/index.php

He is west of Des Moines and Chicago and he had no reported snow up untill New Years and since then snow has been on the ground with several snow falls compacting.His temp there has not got above 0C in over 3 weeks and occasionally had dropped lower than -20C.
    That snow mound you see there in his webcam is over a month old from clearing snow from the road in front of it.

Ruu this is a good radar on his site to see whats coming towards you.But i think you get more than enough notice over there with all the HiTec equipment the states have to offer the local TV stations etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

New record low for me here last night, got down to -6.8°C, which is the coldest outside temperature I've ever experienced in my life!

Interesting frost pattern on the car I never saw before, was like a spider pattern all over, pretty cool.

Currently 1.4°C. Interesting on the drive home the temperature was remarkably similar all the way only varying for altitude.
    On the way home I've noticed some spots that are usually a bit colder or warmer than their surrounding areas but not today - conclude that there is very little radiative cooling going on this evening due to the cloud cover..hmm wonder how tonights precip will play out.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

-5.9c here last night. 3.7c max here today.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Tristrame wrote:
    We can't compete with that but it's currently -1.5c here and we did have a snow shower last night :D low was -1.9c

Dew point is -4c

not possible trist lol, we have 4 feet on the ground right now hahaha
    it warmed up a little today though 15°F temperature converts to -9.44°C
    :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement