Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rain or shine - you may post it here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Currently 3.2C here, nice sunny afternoon, nice stretch in the evenings :p

High today of 5.6C
    Low of 0.6C

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

High of 5.2c today. Currently -0.2c Clear and cold...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,436 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Currently -0.6°C, should have nice icicles in the morning.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Temps should fall away rapidly for the next 5/6 hours before some more wet weather spreads north... I think you could even get some snow tomorrow Longfield ya lucky fellow!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just hit zero here. There is a lot of snow melting - I can actually here it falling from the trees outside. Should have some interesting icicle formations in the morning if the temp keeps dropping.

A

• Advertisement

Temps should fall away rapidly for the next 5/6 hours before some more wet weather spreads north... I think you could even get some snow tomorrow Longfield ya lucky fellow!!;)
    Lethal roads in the morning followed by wet slushy crap in the evening..nice!!

Better than a math's mock though :D;)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tonight in Illinois:

Snow developing. Snow may be heavy at times after midnight. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Lows in the lower 20s (F). Northeast winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

Tomorrow (Tuesday):

Periods of snow. Areas of blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times in the morning. Snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches. Total accumulation of 8 to 12 inches. Colder. Highs in the mid 20s. Near steady temperature in the mid 20s. Blustery. Northeast winds 20 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.

untitledtp0.png

:(

Stunning morning here. Beautiful sunny clear still and frosty, absolute cracker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Agree longfield,fab day out there.10.4c and off inawhile to watch my team win our match hopefully.

Ditto country wide .
    peaked here at 11.4c
    now 10.8c
    feels warm.

(Big ask for that to drop to -1c or 0 max as per last nights GFS...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Tristrame wrote:

Big ask for that to drop to -1c or 0 max as per last nights GFS...)

It'll drop quickly after sunset. Was sub zero with me this morning. I think -2C or below tonight. Great day, but the north wind is cool. To immediately contradict myself, this northerly may keep temp up as being so far east, it usually blows in maritime air.

Looking like more than 8.5hrs sunshine today.

Slow steady drop here tonight, currently -0.1 , going for -2.4°C as min guess tonight.

Mothman wrote:
    It'll drop quickly after sunset. Was sub zero with me this morning. I think -2C or below tonight. Great day, but the north wind is cool. To immediately contradict myself, this northerly may keep temp up as being so far east, it usually blows in maritime air.

Looking like more than 8.5hrs sunshine today.

In the end, I was kind of right on both counts.

The temp quicky dropped to below zero, then wind picked up and temp rose to nearly 5C around midnight, then the wind eased and temp fell to -2C.

8.9hrs sunshine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Really felt like spring out there today, just had a heavy hail shower. There's a chance for more hail with isolated thunderstorms on east and south-east coasts for the next few hours:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Some torrential downpours where i am in meath this evening, i'm surprised ther's no thunder.

Absolutely p*ssing down out there. The roads become a river, has already dumped a few milimeters and some hail too. And i think i heard a distant rumble of thunder aswell. Hopefully more to come:D

+12.7 deg c here and very sunny. This mornings showers seem to have gone.

Damn, if it wasn't for the wind it would be a really nice day!!

A

Mothman wrote:
    Well my AWS and Met Office screen are in total agreement with a max of 15.2C, my 2nd highest winter and Jan max on record (1999).

This Jan 31st temp has been bettered today with a max of 15.5C :eek:

Still a long way short of winter record of 17.8C on Jan 26th 2003

13.6c peak today

15.2c maxed out here.

• Advertisement

Ha, i win 15.6C:D

13.0mm of the wet stuff today.Colorful clearance in a setting sun in the sky from the back edge of the front.

11.2mm here and my vp2's got crazy. It is now forecasting snow with a temp of 7.7C and dewpoint of 5.7C

trogdor wrote:
    11.2mm here and my vp2's got crazy. It is now forecasting snow with a temp of 7.7C and dewpoint of 5.7C

Ditto 7.4c and dp of 6.4c:confused:

Showers starting to pack into the Dublin area now with hail falling here in a sharp downpour.

Just had a sudden drop of more than 4c in a really heavy shower.

Watch out for these in the next month or two.

A

arctictree wrote:
    Just had a sudden drop of more than 4c in a really heavy shower.

Watch out for these in the next month or two.

A
    After your shower passed out over the sea,the mamatus cloud looking south from here was a classic sight.It covered the whole southern portion of the sky.Very rare these sightings years ago but becoming more plentiful nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

A fierce amount of heavy rain here, for much of the evening. It wasn't an exceptional downpour, but they normally don't last for over two hours at such a rate.

I checked the radar later and it seems I got the worst of it... 2 hours of yellow, which would roughly tie in with the worst of the rain.

I also noted in the car that it was only 5 degrees outside. It fell no lower of course:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sunny dry mild.

What the hells going on?! :mad:

Mike.

• Advertisement

Max of 15.4c,Post winter gardening today,first time ive done it this early me thinks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement